• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    After my SD told us over and over and over, not to lock our knees, I almost did the same thing in Basic. I really didn't know what he meant by "Don't lock your knees", but I was not going to be the one to raise my hand and say, "What does that mean." :D

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    In my 22 year in the Corps, I saw everyone from a brigadier general to privates pass out from locked knees. In the early 60's at MCRD, San Diego, they had a graduation parade/review frequently (like every couple of days) and a Depot wide parade/review once a month. On a hot day with maybe 1500 troops on the grinder, they dropped like flies!

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I love those Division Change of Command Ceremonies (not really). You always have all these guest speakers and it takes.....forever. There is always a few go down during those.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    We lost several guys at Boot Camp Graduation in Great Lakes, IL., and we had a Change of Command Ceremony for the USS Carl Vinson held on the Bonhomme Richard up near Seattle. We lost a couple guys in that one, but the thing I remember the most was the sound of their knees hitting the metal deck. A deep "thunk" sound.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I was in a formation for a parade in Ukraine. We were standing in the hot sun. They played at least 9 national anthems of the different countries there and countless speakers. Plus all the speeches had to be translated. What made it all even better? We were standing in formation sling arms... with fixed bayonets. We had 2 go down I think but luckily nobody got cut.

indianajoe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Fishers
    American Embassy, Nassau. 1983. Fourth of July celebration at the Ambassador's residence. Me and three other Marines in dress blues, in line behind the ambassador as the long-winded little bureaucrat (sorry, "diplomat") gives his spiel. 90 degrees and no shade. Feeling every drop of sweat slowly rolling down my legs. Then. Who's turning down the volume? Vision narrows like the end of a Bugs Bunny cartoon. Wobble. Teeter. I come to in the bushes, looking up at a Caribbean sky. If it makes any difference, I did resume my place in the phalanx.

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    Unfortunely I can't say mine was military related. I was best man at a friends wedding when I went down. They had two pillars on either side of them, I hit one and WHAMO domino effect. Worst part the pastor was caught right in the middle.......

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    Unfortunely I can't say mine was military related. I was best man at a friends wedding when I went down. They had two pillars on either side of them, I hit one and WHAMO domino effect. Worst part the pastor was caught right in the middle.......

HA HA HA I was a groomsmen! I never went down but the whole crowd watched me for a long time swaying back and forth. I was trying so hard not to go down, but my body was just going! Finally someone grabbed me. It was way funny afterwards!:D

Top Bottom