• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fingers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    wabash county
    I had one gun break on me .In my opinion if a gun breaks and they say thats common for that gun then I dont want a gun that will let me down when I need it.

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    to the OP, that CHECK ENGINE light is likely something very easy to fix. in my experience, it's usually a PCV valve or bad O2 sensors. I drive a jeep, and the CHECK ENGINE codes are online, and the procedure to get the code without a computer is pretty easy to do too, although depending on your make..YMMV.

IF it is a 96 or newer go to your local advance auto and use their code scanner. It takes all of three minutes to hook it up, read the codes and erase them with an OBD-II scanner. My Jeep likes to fire off random codes for the Neutral safety switch, I need to clean it but it takes about an hour to get it out because everything is so tight in there.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Well the Diamondback DB 380 is back from the factory. The work order states that the sear spring was "dislocated". The sear and sear spring were replaced. I haven't shot it yet but have dry-fired it some, seems ok.

Now I have to decide if I want to A) put a couple hundred rounds through it to confirm function, B) sell it and buy an LCP like I used to have or C) bite the bullet, shell out the bucks and get a Kahr P380 - they feel good.

Cat-Herder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2009
    Fortville
    IF it is a 96 or newer go to your local advance auto and use their code scanner. It takes all of three minutes to hook it up, read the codes and erase them with an OBD-II scanner. My Jeep likes to fire off random codes for the Neutral safety switch, I need to clean it but it takes about an hour to get it out because everything is so tight in there.
    thanks for the heads up! my local advance is staffed by some total idiots, but it's hard to screw up a scanner reading. i would've never thought they'd give those guys expensive, breakable equipment.
    my last ordeal consisted of splicing new wire into my front o2 sensor array. a mechanic had neglected to tie it away from the exhaust manifold and it had burned completely through.
    I'm just beginning to feel i understand how the XJs work. They're pretty solid vehicles IMO.

SORRY TO THREADJACK!

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Well, I was able to get to the range today and put 100 rounds through the repaired Diamondback DB380. Roughly 25 rounds of Wolf, 25 of S&B and 50 rounds of Blazer aluminum - all FMJ. With the exception of two light strikes inthe first 25 (wolf), operation was flawless. The last 50 (blazer) was very smooth and the gun seemed to find its groove.

So I think the verdict is to keep it, it was fun to shoot. However, a Kahr P380 is on the way (darn you shooter521!)

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    I just read a three page thread on glock talk about these. Seems like your trigger issue is fairly common. I think I personaly would not trust it.

Top Bottom