• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tin Cup

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Michiana
    I acquired a regular nintendo at a yard sale a couple weeks ago and wana get a couple games for it. Anyone know of any local shops that have any? I know I could try ebay, but I don't really like that place much. haha

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Well here in Ft. Wayne my kids use places like

McVans Video
    Gamestop

They exchange there games for newer games. I believe the few times I have taken them that they had a slew of NES games, fairly cheap too!

Its a start-and like you said Ebay is always an option.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Dang, I wish I would find something like that at a yard sale, I have tons of games for NES, but no system.

Guess I'll have to stick to getting my butt handed to me at UFC undisputed.:)

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Gamestop no longer carries NES games. If you make the trek to Granny Bea's in Garden City/Columbus... you'll find thousands. Or if you tell me which ones you want, I'll look for them next time I go and pick them up for you at cost. I go at least once a week to browse their games.

hardtrailz400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Batesvegas
    Super C and ExciteBike

Teenage mutant ninja turtles took alot of my childhood time.

Used to have Tecmo Super Bowl tournaments.

I have 7 NES decks but only about 4 work and have wires to use 2 of em.

I bought a bunch of old systems a few years back 1 day...ATARI 7800 w 100+ games--genesis-sega cd.

The old ones are best

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    contra FTMFW!!!!!!!!

there is a new box out that plays the old games. and one that does nes and super NES games. like 40 bucks with controllers.

MC vans has most of the good titles. oh and i have them too. im looking for contra 1 if you see one tell me/ sell it to me

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    contra FTMFW!!!!!!!!

there is a new box out that plays the old games. and one that does nes and super NES games. like 40 bucks with controllers.

MC vans has most of the good titles. oh and i have them too. im looking for contra 1 if you see one tell me/ sell it to me

What is it called?

I know most NES games are 1 person and I'm more of a social gamer (football, baseball, basketball, first/third-person-shooters and fighting games preferred), but there are a few co-op games for NES I wouldn't mind playing (double dragon FTW!).

BTW, up, up, down, down, left, right "a" "b" select start.

teknickle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    God's Country
    Not to hijack the thread, but would anyone be interested in buying/bartering for my game console collection?
    Guaranteed to be the most extensive private collection of consoles (and games and repair parts) you have ever seen (even after getting rid of some of it already).
    Maybe I will just take some pics and post it in classifieds.

Squatch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    In the Michiana area I can think of a couple. There is a used media place in Mishawaka on Grape rd behind OutBack. Then there is another used media store on the west side of Elkhart across from Walmart.

Shane

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I acquired a regular nintendo at a yard sale a couple weeks ago and wana get a couple games for it. Anyone know of any local shops that have any? I know I could try ebay, but I don't really like that place much. haha

Try flea markets and antique stores. I know a few of the vendors at the Liberty Bell East (E. Washington St. and Post Rd., just north of Pop Guns) sell the original NES and lots of games for that system. If you decide to come up this way, there is a group of antique stores up at 34th and Shadeland (not sure if they have games), and at Franklin Rd. and E. Washington St. there is a place called Peddler's Mall which is similar to the Liberty Bell. Closer to downtown, just over the E. Washington St. bridge over Shadeland Ave. is another flea market, Irvington Flea Market. There also used to be a Liberty Bell Flea market on the west side as well. These places are only open on the weekend for the most part...good luck.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I didn't see Game Exchange listed here and they sell many different types of games systems. Check them out. They usually have decent prices.

Tin Cup

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Michiana
    Thanks for the tips guys. Ya I definately want to get Super Mario 3. The store I went to had one but they wanted 20$ for it. I am really looking for Contra : ), excite bike, spy hunter, Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles (not sure which one, but the one I bought this weekend wasn't it), BattleToads, Arch Rivals is fun too. Nothing like a Bball game that allows you to pull the other teams pants down. HAHA
    Gamestop no longer carries NES games. If you make the trek to Granny Bea's in Garden City/Columbus... you'll find thousands. Or if you tell me which ones you want, I'll look for them next time I go and pick them up for you at cost. I go at least once a week to browse their games.
    If you could check the next time you go in there that would be great. Just let me know prices and I could get you money if the prices are not too steep.

Thanks

Top Bottom