• ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I think he's right.

I think you forgot to use purple...

"Thank God there are enough level headed conservatives out there who enable us to marginalize these fools. We may or may not be “Neo-Cons” because of that, but the founders designed the Constitution so that it could evolve with the changing times."

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I think he's right.

On some points.

While I consider myself a Libertarian I realize that we don't live in a vacuum. Sometimes we have to realize there is a world out there. But in between where we are as a nation, and where Ron Paul is, is a logical place to be that serves our interests without meddling in everyone else's.

The Swiss have basically held a neutral position, which is what the Libertarians hold, but they realized on 9-11-01 that sometimes neutral is wrong. I generally believe neutral is correct, but like the current view of the Swiss, realize that there is a world out there.

Still, the neo-con position is not sustainable and that is not the right place to be as a nation. We do bring on ourselves some of our own problems because we meddle and that is where the neo-cons are wrong. Further on many domestic issues they seem to favor Democrat-Lite and that is not the place to be for a sustainable society.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I think you forgot to use purple...

"Thank God there are enough level headed conservatives out there who enable us to marginalize these fools. We may or may not be “Neo-Cons” because of that, but the founders designed the Constitution so that it could evolve with the changing times."

If I had wanted to use purple, I would have. It is typical of the disciples of Obama and some Libertarians (there is little difference in their conduct) to try to force their thoughts and words into other peoples mouths. Don't do that with me. It's obnoxious behavior, it's anti-American, and I don't respond kindly.

I meant exactly what I said. He's right. Need me to bold that for you, so perhaps you can clearly understand that I meant my opinion to mean exactly what I typed?

BTW, regarding YOUR bolded part... I suppose you need to read up on what an "amendment" is.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Wow, Joe...you seriously need to relax...

I have seen you go from a what I could describe as mild and friendly to being short and bitter.

What is your deal?

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Definitely. All "food hoarders" should be rounded up, or, fined, at least.

Oh, wait, that was a poster from Canada.

As far as Amendments are concerned Joe, you're right. That is the only way the founders intended the Constitution to change with the times. Sadly, no one seems to care for their proper place any more, and run roughshod over the original document and its many subsequent Amendments in the name of safety/defense/economic fairness (read: power & control)

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I sure wish there was an amendment that allowed me to choose my political views and party affiliation without having to have them assigned to me by others.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Remember, "He Kept Us Out of War"

WIL124.jpg

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Sorry if I was out of place. I looked at a fair amount of his blogs. He apparently loves to criticize the local tea party. He called them racists for opposing the Puerto Rican statehood vote. He's very pro-war. I saw a blog that said he voted for Barack Obama and was defending that decision.

I don't know what he is, but his site is not the home of conservatism as he claims.

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Wow. I consider myself a connoisseur (of sorts) of sarcasm, and his stunk.

I'm not sure what he was trying to say, but he failed. I'm not a big fan of libertarians because I find their immigration/border security and foreign policy/defense platform to be shortsighted and irresponsible. That said, to a large extent, their "hands off" mantra with respect to government action is exactly on par with the intent of the framers.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Neocons like the constitution to evolve with the changing times, so they can either completely ignore parts of it or use legislation to trump the document...

The Patriot Act is just one fine example of this Neocon mentality.
    Neocons will bring death to this country. As long as we are over there, they will be attacking us over here.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Neocons like the constitution to evolve with the changing times, so they can either completely ignore parts of it or use legislation to trump the document...

The Patriot Act is just one fine example of this Neocon mentality.
    Neocons will bring death to this country. As long as we are over there, they will be attacking us over here.

Exactly the kind of inability to face reaility, the same weak unwillingness to defend this country, the same Maginot Line mentality the author was referrencing. Like I said, I think he's right. Libertarian policy would have this nation conquered by outside forces in less than a decade.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Exactly the kind of inability to face reaility, the same weak unwillingness to defend this country, the same Maginot Line mentality the author was referrencing. Like I said, I think he's right. Libertarian policy would have this nation conquered by outside forces in less than a decade.
    BS

Are you so fearful of the rest of the world that you unconditionally support keeping troops in every corner of the globe because of what someone might do? I've got news for you, right or wrong, this nation can't afford your mentality. A majority of the world allows those that would do us harm safe passage and blind eye. Are you saying we should start all out war with any nation that has aided those or might likely aid those who would attack us? If thats the case you might as well burn any greenbacks you have because it's gonna cost you 1K$ for a loaf of bread (and no I don't have any supporting statistics for this figure:cool:). Imperialism doesn't work. How many military bases does China have outside of China? What country holds our economy and our future economy by the balls? I'm all for defending this country, but lets defend it against someone who actually attacks us, not keep a sizeable amount of our defenses around the globe for others benefit and our economic detriment. The levels of spending across all of government have done more to weaken our defenses than pulling back all troop ever could. At some point China will turn off the spigot and the money will stop flowing, they will overtake us with out firing a shot, if they haven't already.... :twocents:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom