• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lacroixdp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm very glad this gentleman took the time to document his ND for others to see. It makes me winch at the gun range when I see people carelessly handling guns, swinging the muzzle towards people while moving away from the range etc... I make it a point to let them know they aren't welcome there if they can't practice common sense handling a firearm.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    From everything I have ever read, no one is exempt, and everyone that regularly handles a firearm will either have an ND, or suddenly realize they were so close to one that their hart stops for a second, and they will swear afterwords that they can smell burnt gun powder in the air and there is a ringing in their ears that they can't explain.

Bullsh*t...I regularly handle firearms and I'll never have one.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I have known people that are VERY careful that have had an ND. Never say never. If you get so relaxed that you think it will never happen to you, then that is when it WILL happen to you.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Too late to knock on wood buddy, you're doomed.

bender-doomed2copy.jpg

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Well, that's pretty obvious, huh?:D

:):

As a n00b, I am trying to build my good habits now. EVERY time I pick up the Bersa I drop the magazine, rack the slide, check the chamber, check the safety, and THEN put the mag back in. I am not up to "keeping one in the pipe" yet, but I will work up to that. I figure now, while I am waiting for my LTCH, is the time to set some good habits.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    My sister had one a couple years ago when i went in the hospital. I had my G30 on me when the doc said I needed to go and be admitted in the hospital for MRSA in a small toe. When we got to the hospital I couldn't take it in naturally so I put it in the glovebox of mom's car. Told her to have my sister take it out later. I had taught her gun safety at a younger age and she used to shoot the 22's with me on a reg basis, even some handgun. Well my sister took it in their house instead of taking it to mine and putting it up like I told her to. She took the mag out, and forgot to check the chamber, thinking I wouldn't have one in the chamber. From what she says, she supposedly was holding it upside down by the butt of the gun, not on the trigger and it went off... shooting upward a few feet into the wall about 3 feet above where dad was sitting in the recliner. To this day i still don't believe that she didn't touch the trigger. For one, I had 185 gr hydroshock +p's in it. If she was only holding it by the butt it would of yanked out of her hand. For two the recoil would of made it shoot downward instead of up. For 3 after I got home 3 days later, I took it home, stripped it, checked to make sure nothing was broken or overly worn. Everything was good. But before and after that I checked operation of all the safeties. All were in working order and were doing their job. I guess in retrospect I should of unloaded it. But even taking it off was a last thought I was just gonna put it in my duffel bag after I to my room to change. But mom told me to take it off and leave it in the glovebox and I didn't think to unload it. Other than that I've never had an ND. And always do my best to follow the rules.

Flintlock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Southeastern Indiana
    Bullsh*t...I regularly handle firearms and I'll never have one.

Yeah that's what I thought too. I thought I was one of the most careful people around, probably as did this guy. It can and DOES happen to anyone. I didn't have a negligent discharge, but I have had one accidental discharge. Luckily mine simply went through the foot.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    As a n00b, I am trying to build my good habits now. EVERY time I pick up the Bersa I drop the magazine, rack the slide, check the chamber, check the safety, and THEN put the mag back in. I am not up to "keeping one in the pipe" yet, but I will work up to that. I figure now, while I am waiting for my LTCH, is the time to set some good habits.

I check the chamber 3 or 4 times at least...You really can't check it enough.

Yeah that's what I thought too. I thought I was one of the most careful people around, probably as did this guy. It can and DOES happen to anyone. I didn't have a negligent discharge, but I have had one accidental discharge. Luckily mine simply went through the foot.

Accidental? Care to elaborate? There aren't many ways it can be accidental, since the gun has to malfunction.

Toole

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Noblesville
    ND's can happen to the best of them unfortunately. I ND'd my 240B in field, I had the bolt pulled to the rear, rounds on the feed tray, and one of the guys I was there with accidentally kicked my arm that was holding the handle and caused me to pull the trigger. It was right before I had the chance to put it on safe, and although it wasn't completely my fault I was still pissed at myself for it and embarassed as hell. Luckly it was just a blank round and the weapon wasn't pointed anywhere near the direction anyone else was at.

jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County
    Thanks for bring the back from the dead. This is a real world reminder for me, as well as everyone else, that we need to be very careful as follow the safety rules always. I plan to never have a ND, but if I ever do I just hope and prey it is pointed in a safe direction when it happens. Thanks again for this post!

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Three?

All guns are always loaded.
    Do not point if you don't want to destroy.
    Finger off trigger unless sights are on target.
    Know your target and your backstop.

Which did you forget, Savage?

Blessings,
    B

Also it is wise not to arm yourself with a weapon that you are not qualified to use :twocents:

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Since I have seen several threads come back from the dead lately, I thought this one might be worth dragging back to the front page for a while.

Top Bottom