• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JLawsonTXRH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Horrible, glad that it looks like no one was seriously hurt. Firearms are very dangerous tools and always need our utmost attention. One second of letting your guard down, could mean a lifetime of regret. Be very careful. On a side note, I went to the 1500 and saw literally thousands of guns, and hundreds of people carrying, and all was safe.

Of course it was safe. Everyone was carrying UNLOADED guns! :rockwoot:

JLawsonTXRH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    I'm surprised the 1500 hasn't turned into one of those "hey felons, come to XYZ Street, we have free Colts tickets". Knowing the govt, I can't believe they don't try to arrest everyone who carries there since it is on the state fairgrounds. That is definitely a no-no under normal circumstances.

Too bad about the accidental discharge though. That sucks and I'd be pissed if I got hit.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Indiana does have a criminal negligence statute.

We do have Crim Reck as public points out, however I would be surprised if this was prosecuted criminally.

Knowing the govt, I can't believe they don't try to arrest everyone who carries there since it is on the state fairgrounds. That is definitely a no-no under normal circumstances.

JLaw, the State Fair is now over.

JLawsonTXRH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Indiana does have a criminal negligence statute.

We do have Crim Reck as public points out, however I would be surprised if this was prosecuted criminally.

JLaw, the State Fair is now over.

I realize that, after working there 27 years. That was a joke. :D

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    The vendor is banned from future 1500 shows? It's ironic since he will likely be the most safety conscience now.

I deal with over a 1/2 dozens promoters yearly. All promoters have this policy...if you have a accidental discharge at their show you will be removed from the show and you will be banned from any other shows that promoter does.

Last edited:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I heard today that the vendor was removed from the show - but it was by the boys in blue and that he is their guest on neglegent firearms charge. Atleast that is the skuttlebutt.

The scuttlebutt is wrong. He was not arrested, merely told to leave.

Out with it...Who was the guy?

He's not someone most people here would know. The gentleman is an elderly guy with a nice collection of old/antique Colt revolvers. He has terminal cancer and has been at the shows selling off his personal collection.

Top Bottom