• Poll closed .

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    OK I'm new here but who are Bob & Rex? I'm would always be interested in finding a good honest dealer.

PSS= Plainfield Shooting Supplies on US40, across from the new Walmart and next to the old Galyans building in the strip mall behind Citizens bank. They will be closed starting Friday for the 1500, they were packing up this afternoon.

I appreciate all the responses and I had already moved on, deciding never to go in there again.

I used to part time at Bradis so I realize how things work and supplies and used guns are where the profit is... but its the old saying " I dont mind someone making an honest living as long as there weeks pay isnt off of me".

This shop is $10-$20 higher on their Glocks, so he was going to mark my pistol up in the $400+ range or more.... thats a little too high of profit margin.

In closing I will add that it may be part of the process, but shouldnt a good expierence be the normal? Why leave positive then, thats part of the process. Ill follow the majority in the poll, but dont cry if you guys do business with this establishment and didnt want a warning....

Good luck with your deals,

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    Thanks for that info, I'll have to check that out.
    On your poll, I for one believe that feedback should be giving both positive and negative as long as it is what really happened. I do believe in warning your bothers.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Since more info and the warning was requested....

Here are the details:

It was the Glock 21 .45 acp that I had listed on here. With dim NS, but they still glowed, (2) 13 rnd mags and (1) 10 rnd mag, tupperware box, usual goodies.... and the extra NIB mags.

Premier in Brownsburg offered the $250 and didnt want the extra mags... they had 9mms and .40s for $509.

PSS gave me $400 on trade plus another $100 for the extra mags... they had 9s & 40s for $489, G21 for $569?

I have only been in there a few times and I had previously witnessed them buy 2 colt revolvers from an older lady for $400 something..... ???

Anyhow, I normally deal w/ Bob and Rex at PSS, Lisa at Bradis or Russ at Elmore's..... I only stopped in because I was told they had a Kimber like I was looking for, but it was really well used/ abused on the exterior and priced too high also....

Oh well, I traded the G21 off and got something else that I was wanting.

End of story,

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I understand this, and have no problem with a dealer making a profit. Similar situation with me. I bought a gun from a chain dealer for $425 after tax. Few months later went in to see what they'd give me as a trade in. They said they would give me $150... $100 of which I had to immediately put down on a new gun purchase from them :n00b: .. I walked over to their cabinet pointed to the same gun selling as "Used" for $300. He responded with "well we cant give you what its worth". Now.. at this point.. I got pissed. They already made the profit off the sale from me in the first place ( I had all the receipts) now they were gonna turn around and not only make double what they would give me for the gun, but I had to spend 66% of the trade in value on a new gun. Which left me with $50 cash and $100 towards a new purchase. Not acceptible imo. Thats beyond turning a profit. Thats greed imo. So I would tell anyone to try and sell outright first. I knew that i would get offered a low amount, but to tell me I have to put x amount of money from the trade in down on a new purchase.. isn't right.

You've obviously never been in business. Thats the way companies make money. If you don't like it, then buy a gun and keep the damn thing.

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    This is very true. They have to make a profit to stay in business so you have to know going in that your going to lose some value. Bob will give you as good a deal as your going to get but even with him he is going to come out on top.

Sell privately.

This sums it up perfectly.. if you don't want to lose out.. sell privately.

XDs4me

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I heard Dicks Sporting goods uses this formula:
    70 percent of list then 50 percent of that is your trade. Talk about a rip off. But you have to figure they have to make a buck and put a price on it where it is going to sell. No one is going to buy a used gun from a dealer if he can get a new one for just a bit more.

Top Bottom