• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Does anyone here catch heat from their family members for carrying?

How do you respond to them?

Have you been able to convince them that carrying for self defense is a legit reason?

Thickburger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Indianapolis
    my family doesn't know i carry and quite frankly that's information that i alone should be privy to. i feel safe and so do they so everyone is happy. it's a win/win situation.

and before anyone goes on the "education" trip there is no point in educating certain members of my family. it's just like religion and politics; i don't get into those conversations because no one ever sways anyone's opinions.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I've carried since before I became part of my wifes family, and they have known since day one, that the fact was not negotiable. We've not had any discussion of it, or problems because of it in the last 38 years. :thumbsup:

indyranger98

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Fishers
    im going to be a police officer. So my family loves that im carrying now. I have to get used to responsibilty and gun control. but i have a couple buddies who are 18. that in my opinion, should not have there liecense. They are not fit to carry a weapon around. they either
    a. have anger issues
    b.have teen age retardation still
    c. just do it to show off to friends

If your family is giving you slack tune them out like i didnt catch who it was that said that but ya. just tune them out. dont carry around them, if you want to make that decision. and if you want to its your right.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    My girlfriend's mother doesn't like it that I carry. She just doesn't know why I have to have a weapon on me. I reply that it is not a weapon but a tool, I am the weapon. Besides I care enough about her daughter to want to protect her. She isn't carrying but she has came around.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    The only time I catch any crap is at family get togethers like Thanksgiving and Christmas, but it's usually some smart comment about if I'm expecting a raid. :do2:

For the most part, most people don't know that I carry. My girlfriend was caught off guard the first time she saw I carried. Her family still doesn't know, and it's been about 8 months. I don't know what they would say if they knew, but I don't really care. :draw:

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    Most people dont know that I carry. Only times I inform people is if they're wondering about carrying themselves or getting a gun, or if I'm going into a house of someone who's friendship I value.

TraderJack

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Here's how I roll...
    Be respectful, be aware, be private. Don't let anyone know you carry. But, sometimes you will be 'made'.
    If family members inquire, just let them know that the US Constitution and the Great State of Indiana affords you the right to carry and you feel a responsibility to be able to protect them and yourself at any time.
    :popcorn2:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Its actually getting "easier" these days to explain to people why you carry.

THEM: "So, why do you feel the need to carry a gun??"

ME: "Virginia Tech", "Columbine", "Omaha Mall", "Colorado Church", and as of yesterday. . . "Northern Illiniois University" <-----pick one

Top Bottom