• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Also if you are patient, some gun shops will sell on consignment and will allow you to get more out of them than outright selling them to the shop. That takes the hassle out of dealing with individuals, meeting up, etc.

I had USDS in greenwood sell a pistol for me years ago. I got a fair deal out of it.

EDIT: e.g. selling to the shop will get you 60% of the value. Consignment they may only take 15-20%.

Last edited:

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Thank you. I’m not in Muncie,I am in Columbus. My dad was an avid hunter who never could pass up a gun lol. He told me to find someone to help me but I only collect handguns. I’m not a hunter so I know nothing about long guns like he did. He did leave me a list with all the names and serial numbers. (Thanks dad)
    Columbus area? My vote is US Defense Solutions. I know a lot of guys love Phoenix, but I've never used them.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I would suggest talking with Chad at Defense solutions in Greenwood. I know he's handled a number of estates in the past. I've know him for years and he's, as the say, honest as the day is long. He can assist you with valuation as well as moving them to a new home. I think Defense Solutions also has a franchise location in Columbus and a store opening soon in Seymour.
    USDS now has a shop in Coljmbus as well, right off of National.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I would suggest talking with Chad at Defense solutions in Greenwood. I know he's handled a number of estates in the past. I've know him for years and he's, as the say, honest as the day is long. He can assist you with valuation as well as moving them to a new home. I think Defense Solutions also has a franchise location in Columbus and a store opening soon in Seymour.

Second this. I've dealt with him at USDS for years.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Your best bet for fair or above fair price would be listing in Gunbroker. I use to help list guns for Top Guns in Terre Haute Indiana. They will charge you 15% which isn’t bad especially if you’re talking a collection however the owner might work a deal.

If that won’t work for you I totally understand as well.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Not that my opinion matter much but offer the following for consideration:

How many are you talking about? To some 10 would be extensive and others would say 50. If you have a large number, it might be easier to let a shop handle but a 15-20 percent commish could add up

What is your goal in liquidation of collection? Do you want to make the most money possible or do you want to find a good home. You could list here in classified and take offers. Might save you a commish and send a nice unit to a happy new owner. However you decide, you will need to do some research and get a rough estimate of value. There are plenty of sharks who will lowball the whole bunch.

Good luck with however you decide.

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    I was left a substantial collection of long guns. Does anyone know of an honest reliable dealer to sell them for me?
    Hello, my name is Chad and I am owner of US Defense Solutions Greenwood. I have helped with many estate sales over the last 12 years. We can give you many options and answers depending on what you are wanting to do. If you feel Greenwood is too far, any of our USDS shops will give the same level of service we do in Greenwood. Just message me with what you are thinking and I can better help from there. Thank you for your consideration.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Hello, my name is Chad and I am owner of US Defense Solutions Greenwood. I have helped with many estate sales over the last 12 years. We can give you many options and answers depending on what you are wanting to do. If you feel Greenwood is too far, any of our USDS shops will give the same level of service we do in Greenwood. Just message me with what you are thinking and I can better help from there. Thank you for your consideration.
    Unfortunately she's not going to be able to message you without 50 quality posts or unless she ponies up the $20 to become a Site Supporter.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Unfortunately she's not going to be able to message you without 50 quality posts or unless she ponies up the $20 to become a Site Supporter.

She should be able to read your message though, just can't reply. You could send her a PM with your contact info (email, cell, etc)

Jamichele

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2024
    Is there an email where I can reach you?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Thank you. I’m not in Muncie,I am in Columbus. My dad was an avid hunter who never could pass up a gun lol. He told me to find someone to help me but I only collect handguns. I’m not a hunter so I know nothing about long guns like he did. He did leave me a list with all the names and serial numbers. (Thanks dad)

If you are willing to drive to Seymour. Bite the Bullet often deals with estates. Mark is the owner.

Top Bottom