• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArmyMP

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Fred Paris's republik of Franklin
    yeah springfield armory is still making the M14 and M1a...... I want to build my own M1a... thats what im going for.... I just cant seem to find one for sale cheap or for trade.... I would give my left kidney (the good one) for an M1a or homemade M1a.... I had one but had to pawn it off 2 years ago... which really sucked......

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    OP, your original post said you were buying an M1 with lousy wood. Is that the case, or are you just going around in circles with trying to decide on what to buy?

This thread has become confusing since I don't think any M1's are being built by Polytech or anyone else.

If you want an M1A, buy a Springfield Armory version from Genesseo, IL.

If you want an M1, buy it from the CMP.

That is as simple as I can make it

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    yeah springfield armory is still making the M14 and M1a...... I want to build my own M1a... thats what im going for.... I just cant seem to find one for sale cheap or for trade.... I would give my left kidney (the good one) for an M1a or homemade M1a.... I had one but had to pawn it off 2 years ago... which really sucked......

this is why I hate the internet.....You think you are talking to a serious person who later reveals himself to be a 14 year old

BYE BYE

ArmyMP

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Fred Paris's republik of Franklin
    Well actually for your information I'm 25..., why are you being a Blue Falcon?
    Just because I can not afford a $4000 dollar rifle and want to modify an M1 Garand to have some syn furniture does not make me a 14 year old. Not all of us are online millionaires and own Ferrari's and gold plated AK 47's. For your information I made 13 dollars and 65 cents tonight.. So at that rate to buy an M1a i would need to save my money for 293 Days less food and rent and utilities... well that just isn't possible. So if you do not have anything positive to contribute to my thread asking for information and help them bugger off. Its people like you that make the internet suck....

Last edited:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Guys, guys, guys, he wants a synthetic stock and either an M1 or M1A. Play nice and help him or just keep your purist opinions to yourself. I understand your love of wood, but that is not what this thread is about. Wanna wax on the love of wood, go start another thread.

That being said, I do not know of a synthetic stock for the M1. Maybe someone knows the answer to your question and will help get it to you. Otherwise the thread can stay silent.

If you are struggling with the decision of M1 vs M1A and all the reasons to go either way, that is a whole other thread and I would ask you to open it separately. There are strong reasons to go M1 and to go M1A and both should be considered before dropping $500-1500.

As for the CMP, it is a great option. If you need help qualifying, come to an Appleseed - it counts towards your requirements.

Oh, and no insults people. If they continue, infractions will follow.

Top Bottom