Fort Wayne

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Wow this sucks. I have so far never been ripped off. But I also wont let a few of these things keep me from dealing via the internet. Most gun owners are pretty straight forward guys. Especially on ingo.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Wow this sucks. I have so far never been ripped off. But I also wont let a few of these things keep me from dealing via the internet. Most gun owners are pretty straight forward guys. Especially on ingo.

Thanks for the compliment! :D:ingo:

But the point is, this guy WAS NOT a gun owner and WAS NOT a veteran. He posed as such to get people to think, "Gee, he's a vet and gun owner - he must be trustworthy."

BKExpress

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Gaston, IN
    I got ripped off recently to the tune of about $80. To me, it felt like $800 because anytime I have something stolen from me I get fairly upset. To anyone new to the hobby, be careful who you deal with and what you know about them. I have bought several items from people on-line and the more they cost the more "vetting" they get from me. I know others have done the same to me and they should. Please provide us an update on your situation. Regards.

Sims

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Fishers
    I got ripped off recently to the tune of about $80. To me, it felt like $800 because anytime I have something stolen from me I get fairly upset. To anyone new to the hobby, be careful who you deal with and what you know about them. I have bought several items from people on-line and the more they cost the more "vetting" they get from me. I know others have done the same to me and they should. Please provide us an update on your situation. Regards.

Yep. I got ripped off for the tune of $20 in high school twenty years ago, and it still ticks me off a bit to think about.

Mostly mad at myself for trusting the SOB.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Yep. I got ripped off for the tune of $20 in high school twenty years ago, and it still ticks me off a bit to think about.

Mostly mad at myself for trusting the SOB.

:ranton:
    This is why I hate con men - they make you feel guilty. I had a hit and run on my brand new car once. It sucked, but it wasn't my fault at all. There was nothing I could do to prevent it. But con men (and women) they prey on the good and then steal and leave you bitter and distrusting.

animal137

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    I think I am now supposedly dealing with this guy privattteowner@gmail.com ....he is supposedly in North Carolina and girlfriend is name Lisa Haulmark. ....im 2 states away from him and found a Kimber listed on armslist.com ....

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I think I am now supposedly dealing with this guy ....he is supposedly in North Carolina and girlfriend is name ....im 2 states away from him and found a Kimber listed on armslist.com ....

This is just my opinion, but I think you should re-think the idea of posting private information of others on a public forum.

Unless you have a problem with the transaction, as the O.P. did.

animal137

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Im not posting private info of anything morr than this specific email address already talked about in this thread.....which I found because of a couple red flags made me think a possible scam. So I searched this specific email address and came to this, in which someone has recently had problems with him in receiving their merchandise. Two people can't have the same email and I have found two people with problems. I wasn't going out and publicly putting this guys name or address out there except for this thread where there was a conversation already taking place about it. If someone out there is scamming people and I said "if" ....and I almost fell for it, am I in the wrong for saying something when this thread was started by someone asking about this very issue? I dont talk about people at random and I'm not that way. But thats not what we are doing here now is it ??

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Im not posting private info of anything morr than this specific email address already talked about in this thread.....which I found because of a couple red flags made me think a possible scam. So I searched this specific email address and came to this, in which someone has recently had problems with him in receiving their merchandise. Two people can't have the same email and I have found two people with problems. I wasn't going out and publicly putting this guys name or address out there except for this thread where there was a conversation already taking place about it. If someone out there is scamming people and I said "if" ....and I almost fell for it, am I in the wrong for saying something when this thread was started by someone asking about this very issue? I dont talk about people at random and I'm not that way. But thats not what we are doing here now is it ??

No knock on you I think it was just a thought not to take it to far.

animal137

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    I do however understand your point as I did not do the transaction with him so I can't say he took me....I stopped before I believed it could get to that point. But I stopped because of the scenario and something was off with it so thats why I searched his email to start with which brought me here. I was reading where the op had been trying to do something about it and I was just stating that I think I might be dealing with this same guy...since same email address....and same gun site...and wanted to say that in the last month he was supposedly in brazil IN...when he is now telling me he is in NC with a different girlfriend name etc. And using her account or western Union or how ever I would be willing to send it today or asap

animal137

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Well I can't disagree with you there....I can't personally accuse him of anything since I didn't do the transaction and I def don't want to be reason of defamation of character without personal experience.

Dak004

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Still active...I searched for his email as well. Wants me to send him 2400 for a HK MR556. Posted in Austin Tx...but lives in Mass? Red flag right away. Lets figure out a way to nail this scum bag. Don't Mess with Texas!

Top Bottom