• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    so i need to mill a couple carriers for my pending Lightning link.
    they are semi already so it a very small amount that needs milled off.

any thoughts on who can do it? i have a price from m60 joe but its not cheap and id rather go with a local if possible?

one is a hard chrome carrier but im not a machinest so hlep me out here will that make it more difficult?

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    For my education, why not buy a full auto BCG instead of modifying your existing? I ask because I am building up an AR with an eye towards using a RDIAS, so I am buying full auto bcg looking down the road. Would I be better off modifying an existing bcg?

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    RLL and RDIAS work very diffrently while an RDIAS will use / needs all normal m16 parts including the carrier to function

the lighning link uses all semi parts, including a carrier that colt made during that time 70-80s in there sp1's which is acutally cut farther back then the modern semi carriers.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Do you know what modifications need to be made to do this?

I have the necessary tools to do it for you, I just don't know the exact modifications that need to be done (specifically the dimensions etc)...

If you can find that out, I can probably help you out for a fair price.

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    yes I snaped some pics of the one colt sp1 carrier I have next to one that I want to do. all that really needs to happen is mill the rear back a little. the sp1 is .370 thick of rear section while the ar semi is .410 so we need to remove .04 of thickness. the only other diffrence is the raidius ( i think that what it is call) needs to be much smaller almost 90 deg. pics for you to see chrome is ar semi, parked is sp1 colt factory

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    BTT, for anybody that cares. I successfully milled his carriers this weekend. I forgot to take pictures before I packaged them up to send back but he may update this thread with pictures when he gets them. If anybody else needs this done PM me or SP3worker. We're both capable of doing this.

Top Bottom