Need somewhere to go bang with my fiancee...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Hillside is close to Ft. Wayne and it's open to the public. They have pistol bays and a rifle range with targets set from 100 to 1000 yards, although I believe you have to be a member to use the rifle range past 300 yards (or something like that). I believe they also have an indoor range for handguns.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Motel 6 at one end of Coldwater and the Marriott at the other.....(unless things have changed).

They have changed.

Don't recall a Motel 6 on Coldwater, but the Marriott is now "Hotel Fort Wayne" and that's no where close to the end now.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    They have changed.

Don't recall a Motel 6 on Coldwater, but the Marriott is now "Hotel Fort Wayne" and that's no where close to the end now.

Is that the one where you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave, where the Eagles went after the left coast got too fruity?

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    Highsmith range is 1hr 51 min from me. I am on the very north side of Fort Wane/Huntertown. Looks like a great place though.

If you are on the north side of town check out Mile Corner in Garrett for an indoor range. The Albion gun club isn't too far from you and it is only $25 a year for a membership.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Indigo has some nice hotels...complete with a queen size bed, flatscreen, fancy coffee maker, balcony, wood floor, and the walk in shower big enough for a football team, let alone just the two of you.

Reasonable priced iirc.

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    I just moved far enough north (Ft. Wayne) to not make it economical to drive to my old shooting spot. I had several AR500 targets set up on a friend's property and used to be able to go out as I pleased. Now I'm looking for somewhere to take my fiancee and go bang! We are members at the Izaak Walton range outside of Huntertown, but it is closed for renovations until at least mid-spring. I have several new toys, a few things that now need sighted in, and she needs more trigger time with her new G43. We are trying to find some property to build our next house on (and eventually a range as well), but in the mean time we are just looking for a new friend!

If you have a small set-up and wouldn't mind a few plinkers, let me know. I have steel targets, will build stands, whatever. If you want a little cash to sweeten things, that is fine too. If you have some land and want a range, but wanted some help or motivation, we would help get everything together. We are responsible, very respectful, and pretty fun (I think anyway! ). We just want somewhere to go, whenever we get free time (sometimes we have clients cancel on us and get an afternoon off without any notice).

If anyone happens to be interested, or knows someone who might be, PM me. Much obliged, NE Ingoers.

Best spot in Fort Wayne: Indoor Range

Yes, here. ^^^^^
    Shooting blanks or live ammo? :joke:
    Not sure about their rapid fire policy. :joke:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom