• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I am bumping this back up to the top of the deck again...

Jeremy, I know a retired welder that done some aluminum repair for me a couple years ago. My repair was very similar to what your needing, although it wasn't on a knife. I'm not sure this would be the best type of repair but it might work.:dunno: What he done for me was a "pile of beads" to build the broken area up so it could be ground back to shape. You would probably be able to get a similar "cats tongue" texture by sandasting after it was shaped properly.

Let me know if you want the guys name and number, he's between Little Point and Eminence.
    DaKruiser,

I talked to several of the Welders, and Machine Shops around my area, unfortunately the way these are cast welding them back up is not an option for the repair...

VictorZulu

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    I ran across another forum (bladeforums.com) with a post from 2008 where the guy says he has been repairing and replacing handles on Gerber Mark II for a while. The guys name is Jay Maines from Sunrise River Custom Knives. The web site is Sunrise River Custom Knives and Handmade Cutlery If you go to the web site there is a link on the right side of the page labeled Repairs/Conversions. Click on that link and he shows you pictures of knives he has repaired, towards the bottom of the page there are some Gerber MK II's he has done.

Hope this helps

Top Bottom