• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I went from a 1911 .45acp carry to a Glock 19 a few weeks ago. It's been a huge change for me and it's finally all coming together.
    I was reminded today that ammo makes all the difference in the world as far as accuracy goes. I went from 10 yards of 4" groups to 1 1/2" groups just by changing ammo on the G19. No other changes. I couldn't believe it made that much difference in the Glock.
    IF you're not happy with the SA then by all means trade it off. I'd go with the 19s since you're already used to them. Keep 'em uniform for consistent shooting.
    I haven't quit on 1911s. They're my favorite gun but my advancing age is showing me there are more efficient means of carry

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I personally don't care for 1911's, but if I were to have one, it would be in .45 ACP. If you like your Glock 19, I'd say to pick up a G34 for home defense/range fun and a G43 for pocket carry. When I used to own Glocks, I didn't have much use for the 26, as it is just as wide as a 19, and the stubby grip felt weird to me. If belt carrying, I found it just about as easy to conceal the 19 vs the 26.

Also, the G43 is fine for pocket carry, as long as you don't wear tight pants. I pocket carry a S&W Shield 9 or a Ruger LC9s Pro in jeans all the time, and my jeans are not overly baggy. Just make sure to get a good pocket holster that covers the trigger, and do not carry anything else (keys, etc) in the pocket with the pistol. If you are interested in pocket carry, it's cheaper to match the pockets to the gun than it is to match a gun to the pocket.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I'd keep the 1911 if you are otherwise happy with it. A Glock is a Glock. They are boring (in a good way), they go bang every time, and are squared off and funny looking... but thats another thread.... :)
    It really depends if you are looking for standardization, or cool factor. For me, you have your bases covered if you carry your G4 G19, why not have a pretty, yet functional, 1911? I like 1911's though... Variety is the spice of life!

Top Bottom