• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RBM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Judah
    Hey guys..I would appreciate some help. I am getting ready to buy a new Dillon 550 reloader and accessories. I was going to buy case tumblers and most of the other stuff from Dillon. But I have found that I could buy Frankford Arsenal, RCBS ect. for half the cost. Does anyone have experiance with these other brands on quality, reliability, warranties ect., ect..

Thanks in advance, Rob

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    You DO get what you pay for...

I wore out the motor on a Dillon FL-2000 in 15 years of use=Cleaned LOTS of brass.

I really had no regrets-replaced it with a new Dillon FL-2001, if that tells you anything..Bill.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I wore out the motor on a Dillon FL-2000 in 15 years of use=Cleaned LOTS of brass.

I really had no regrets-replaced it with a new Dillon FL-2001, if that tells you anything..Bill.

I've had a Lyman for almost 20 years...and it's still going strong.

As with most things, a higher price does NOT necessarily mean better quality. FWIW - I have not used a single product by RCBS that I wouldn't recommend to others, irrespective of price.

RBM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Judah
    Thanks guys. Just starting out, I want to get quality parts. If I can save some cash and still get quality, that would be great. Being on a tight budget doesn't help. I'll check back in tomorrow.
    Rob

Slim400

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    INDIANAPOLIS SS IN
    tumblers

Dillon products work well and has advertised I have had my Dillon tumbler since 1991 and it still works wonderful a YouTube frind of mine has the harbor fright version and it works absolutely fine as well I would tell you the best placed I have found tumbling media is from Harbor freight about one half the money also the tumbler from Harbor freight is much larger:twocents::welcome:

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    Most of the major manufacturers are well built equipment. Do not feel that your whole bench has to be 1 color! Mine if Dillon blue, with a mix of RCBS and Redding green!

RBM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Judah
    Thanks again guys. I've been researching on Midways site. They all get good reviews, although the Lyman is way up there. The price of the Frankford Arsenal kit is hard to beat though.
    Rob

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Thanks again guys. I've been researching on Midways site. They all get good reviews, although the Lyman is way up there. The price of the Frankford Arsenal kit is hard to beat though.
    Rob

I have the Frankford Arsenal tumbler as well. I like it, and it works good. The media that comes with it is not so good. The treated Lyman corn cob media is a much better product in my opinion.

Top Bottom