• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lodogg2221

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Kokomo
    One other point about lights that is lost on some people (not necessarily here, just in general), is that they can also be used as a defensive tool.
    Some of these lights, like the E2DL Defender, have crennelated strike bezels on them. They WILL do damage if you strike someone with it.
    The light itself, if bright enough, will blind someone. The brighter it is, and the better the emitter (which generally go hand in hand), the better and longer lasting the effect is.
    Sometimes that alone will be enough to get you out of a bad situation. If they cant see you, they cant do much to you.

Ive got some pretty darn expensive lights, but only two that are more expensive than my least expensive carry gun. I do regard them as tools, just as my guns are tools, but they have to serve more purpose than my gun. I use a light all the time at work, if I drop something under the counter, power goes out, etc.

Lights arent a one size fits all, just like guns. Do some research before you buy. See if you can find someone that has a light like you want and check it out in person to see if its the size you want and functions like you like.

If you guys REALLY want to learn a thing or two about lights, go hang out over at CandlePowerForums
    Anything you ever wanted to know about them can be answered there, and most likely has been answered already.

Trouble is, once you start down the path its like guns....one is never enough.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I have a Fenix PD32 Ultimate Edition that's already burned through 2 Cr123a while my Atak 5.11 L1 has been going along strong at it's 173 lumens with it's one CR123a since before I got the Fenix (mid-January).

Now granted. It's fun to torch up the back yard with that 700 burst mode (I wonder why the batteries didn't last). But the ATAC was relatively inexpensive (50-60?) and it's the perfect size for EDC.

Now, I'm no light expert like many of the others. Just my experience.

Top Bottom