• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WilsonMD

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 31, 2014
    Crown Point
    I'm looking for some opinions on a scope for my .458 socom. It will be used for hunting, and I would like to use a scope that will be good out to 300 yards. I know that is aking alot for this gun, but I want a scope that will be able to help in 'stretching' the max range. Bullets and loads have yet to be determined, but that is another discussion. I did a quick search and did not see anything available with a BDC?? Price range is not set, but i have never been a fan of spending several hundred dollars on optics on a gun that will be toted around the woods, etc. With that being said, let's try to keep it $300 or under for now.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    South of 300 bucks you have some good options.

The front runner would be the Vortex Diamondback 3.5-10x50 BDC. It has a larger FOV than a lot of scopes in its price range, the 50mm bell will really help in the first, and last few minutes of shooting light, its priced right (249).

My only concern would be if the zoom is to high. Only you know you what kind of ground you hunt, but where I hunt 3.5 on the bottom end would be fine as shots are rarely south of 50 yds.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I use a Vortex 1.5-4x on my SOCOM and feel that's plenty of mag for out to 300 for something like a giant hogzilla (I don't hunt but a hogzilla is something I'd consider hunting).

Check that... the Vortex was moved onto a .22. The SOCOM is currently wearing a Holosight with a removable 2X magnifier. I just don't shoot very far with this gun.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom