• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 09hemi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Ok I dont but a female friend wants to get into shooting and wants a pink handgun in 9mm. What is out there in 9mm everything Ive found to show her is in .22 ...who as something pretty in a pink...and in 9mm haha

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    these people always seem to crack me up. but no matter what i say that's always going to be a "Want"..
    so many want a pretty gun, or a cute one..
    it's a darn gun it serves a purpose. it's not a toy or a pet..
    but anyway i was in HCT in bargersville and they had a taurus 9m (i believe) in pink.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Charter makes a .380 revolver in pink otherwise duracoat can make ANYTHING pink
    duracoat-pink.jpg

I much prefer the treated metals over the spray paint method though, when it's gotta be pink I don't think it should look like Pepto-bismol.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    that's a glock anyway.. pink or not.. it's ugly
    This make you feel better?

img_1933.jpg

4125446298_55a56f52b4_o.jpg

HotPink.jpg

Kel_Tec_Hot_Pink_DuraCoat.jpg

hk2245jn4.jpg

duracoat-pink-camo.jpg

Like I said you really get can anything in pink if you go aftermarket, and if it gets more good people carrying shooting and pro2a then I'm all for it, as long as they leave my guns alone.

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    If you go on Gunbroker and type in "pink guns" it will pull up all the pink guns. Then she could decide what she wants.
    My wife got her Pink Kahr P380 on there.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    I am not a fan of pink but damn that XD in what looks to be metallic chrome pink and black looks prettty damn sweet lol. Maybe if it was like a metallic blue chrome and black color scheme.

marinemom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Columbus
    I am not a fan of pink but damn that XD in what looks to be metallic chrome pink and black looks prettty damn sweet lol.

I was thinking the same thing. The others just look wrong, but the Sprinfield I would certainly carry:) Not sure what it is with girls and pink guns, but I guess to each her own.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    For the love of God please talk to your friend about her color choice. Pink guns just feed the streotype. I understand that some (ok most) women are a bit more "girly" than I am but a firearm is not meant to be a fashion statement. If she wants a gun that's great! Get one! However, if she wants to get one with color as the dominant factor then that worries me. That's like buying a car because it's "cute". It could be a complete POS but it's cute, damnit! Please attempt to educate this woman.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Well my wife didn't want me to do it but I went and duracoated her keltec P3at pink :) She wanted to keep it black but after she saw the finished product she liked it.

Getting away from duracoat for metal (I think cerakote is better and doesn't wear off spots as quickly) but will continue to use it for polymer frames.

I am considering some kind of toxic/zombie green and black combo next :)

p1120364982-4.jpg

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    For the love of God please talk to your friend about her color choice. Pink guns just feed the streotype. I understand that some (ok most) women are a bit more "girly" than I am but a firearm is not meant to be a fashion statement. If she wants a gun that's great! Get one! However, if she wants to get one with color as the dominant factor then that worries me. That's like buying a car because it's "cute". It could be a complete POS but it's cute, damnit! Please attempt to educate this woman.

If we had neg rep, this post would surely warrant it.

:xmad:

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh

Wow, really? Calm down. People personalize everything. How does that affect your daily life in any way?

Granted it may not be my personal style, but people have every right to make their guns pink, blue, green, yellow...I really don't care. If they can shoot and handle a gun smartly what else really matters? Don't be so judgmental, you'll start to pickle. And then I'd have to fry you and eat you.

Top Bottom