• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    What about the Kahr X9 thats coming sometime soon. I’d liked to give it a go but don't need another right now. Kahr makes a great line of edc and now with mag capacity.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Looking at Glock 19/26 gen 5 mos with Holosun SCS ,right now I have hellcat with shield not happy with it. Open to idea's, but need red dot old eyes.
    Depending where you are, I'm in lake county (Northwest Indiana)
    I have a Glock 19 Gen 5 MOS with a holosun 507c if you'd like to try one. Also I have a few other red dot pistols if you'd like to try.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Looking at Glock 19/26 gen 5 mos with Holosun SCS ,right now I have hellcat with shield not happy with it. Open to idea's, but need red dot old eyes.
    I've seen a few G19s listed here in the past few days.

If the Hellcat is too thin, you're on the right track. I'd look at an XDm if you can find one, or an Echelon.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

I EDC a Gen5 G19 with SCS. I like the setup a lot. It's the best of most things, especially compatibilty with most other's gear and setups out there.

That said, the SCS has a small window. Great for carry, but requires a fair amount of regular dryfire to be able draw to the dot on the target quickly every time.

:twocents:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I've seen a few G19s listed here in the past few days.

If the Hellcat is too thin, you're on the right track. I'd look at an XDm if you can find one, or an Echelon.
    Isnt that the line of pistols that more and more instructors are either banning or strongly encouraging students to bring another to their classes? They arent dangerous, they just have a tendency to literally break during the class. So the student doesnt get the full lesson because they are out of commission early.

Probably because Springfield appears to have discontinued the line. You dont do that when you have a quality product that sells.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Isnt that the line of pistols that more and more instructors are either banning or strongly encouraging students to bring another to their classes? They arent dangerous, they just have a tendency to literally break during the class. So the student doesnt get the full lesson because they are out of commission early.

Probably because Springfield appears to have discontinued the line. You dont do that when you have a quality product that sells.
    Nope, that's the old school XD's. XDm's are being slowly replaced by the Echelon.... there have been no issues with the XDm.

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

I would recommend a CZ P10C OR or CZ P10S OR. The price on these has fallen and you can find them for under $400 (looking it up, they're now between $379 and $450 YMMV). You do have to buy an optic plate in order to mount a red dot, but that's not a big deal. Last one I bought was under $400 with tax, shipping and FFL, so the added money on a plate still kept it reasonable.

IMO the P10 series is very similar to the G19/26 (P10C or P10S) and is less expensive. Takes most Glock accessories. Has a better trigger out of the box, better texture on the grip, is more ergonomic and has less recoil. I've put thousands of rounds through multiple versions of this gun and have not had any issues. Been just as reliable as the Glocks I've owned in the past. I've carried a P10C OR for several years now and it's been a fantastic EDC.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    For a little more $$ you could look at the Sig P365 series. In the summer months I switch out the P10C and carry a P365XL with a Wilson Combat Grip module. Mine has the slide from an X Macro comp, which slightly reduces recoil. Love the ability to swap out the grip modules very easily so I can carry in whatever format I want (subcompact, compact or full size). Trigger isn't quite as nice as the P10C trigger and it uses the smaller format red dot, but it's very light and easy to carry.

I Invented the Internet

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2022
    IN
    If you're looking at a G19, maybe cross-shop the Walther PDP compact as well. I own both and prefer the Walther for it's more natural grip angle and better overall ergonomics. The Glock has a lower bore axis and yet the recoil doesn't seem any softer than the Walther, but maybe that's just me.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Check out the PSA Dagger. It's the same size as the G19 for half the price and more features. They are very reliable also.
    They also now have the micro Dagger for something smaller optics ready as well.

Dagger

Micro Dagger

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    As another mentioned, what don't you like on it or what do you like about it. Because if it's too thin, or grip too small, those would narrow the choices.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    If you're a Glock guy, it's hard to wrong with a G19 or G26. I am a big fan of the G26, and would probably chose that one for it's marginally better concealability and versatility. The G19 offers a longer grip (G26 can make that up with mag extensions) and a longer sight-radius (immaterial if you're using a dot). I hear great things about the SCS and like its low-profile on the Glock platform.

If you're considering things other than Glock, the sky's the limit. There's a ton of great stuff out there, just take your pick...it's a good time to be a gun guy.

Top Bottom