43   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    Let me let the pics do the talking...

0902121841.jpg

0902121841a.jpg

0902121842.jpg

Any suggestions?

This is how I recieved gun. Was found by my dad years ago, and was at my his brother's for the last 30 years. Somewhere along the line someone messed with it. I am trying to tear it down and give it a thorough cleaning and get it ready to see use again. I have stripped everything I know of to get things apart, cleaned and oiled the stock and other wooden parts, but cannot get the barrels out of the reciever. I know it is in the wrong spot, but how do I get it apart?

Last edited:

Elmo26

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    can you try to send some other pics of the bottom of the reciever where the trigger goes in and the end of the reciever where the stock bolts on

Elmo26

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    It almost looks like when they tried to put the gun back together they didn't put the barrels back on the roll pin correctly and got it wedged in i would push over the break down lever and gently try to pull the barrels down away from the reciever

darend505

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    It almost looks like when they tried to put the gun back together they didn't put the barrels back on the roll pin correctly and got it wedged in i would push over the break down lever and gently try to pull the barrels down away from the reciever

Won't budge...

Elmo26

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    there are some good places to send to have it reblued or case hardened i am a big fan of nickle plated recivers with blued barrels it makes a gun stand out expecially with a very good set of furniture on it and not a problem glad I could help

Elmo26

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    what i would do is just take it slow and just start all of your sideplate screws first then tighten them together let me know how things are going would love to see the finished product

darend505

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    Had gun put back together by gun smith, but I need to identify the model so I can check numrich for parts. I need the screw that connect both side plates back together!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom