• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • techno.m3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Picked up the Wal-Mart Savage Mark II. I found my bolt action:)

My future father in law donated an extra new pentax scope that he had laying around.

He also is giving me the scope mounts but he said I need to find the bases for the gun.

The scope mounts are manufactured by Talley. Here is where I got confused. He said to get the bases for my gun but I don't think Talley makes them for the Mark II

Seems like the Weaver #46 bases would work. Can I use weaver bases on the Talley mounts? Probably a stupid question but I figured I would ask:dunno:

Are the weaver #46 bases right for my Mark II 22 lr?

Thanks a lot!!
    -Adam

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    I used #45s for the front and rear on mine. I had to take a dremel and grind the screws down a little but they fit perfectly. I think I remember that #25 worked as well but not 100% on that.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Picked up the Wal-Mart Savage Mark II. I found my bolt action:)

My future father in law donated an extra new pentax scope that he had laying around.

He also is giving me the scope mounts but he said I need to find the bases for the gun.

The scope mounts are manufactured by Talley. Here is where I got confused. He said to get the bases for my gun but I don't think Talley makes them for the Mark II

Seems like the Weaver #46 bases would work. Can I use weaver bases on the Talley mounts? Probably a stupid question but I figured I would ask:dunno:

Are the weaver #46 bases right for my Mark II 22 lr?

Thanks a lot!!
    -Adam

I believe that gun should have come from the factory with a package of bases in the box. Call the company to check. I had to and got mine from them, gratis, in about 4-5 days.

techno.m3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I used #45s for the front and rear on mine. I had to take a dremel and grind the screws down a little but they fit perfectly. I think I remember that #25 worked as well but not 100% on that.
    Alright, I just saw on Savages webpage that the 46's were for all savages.

Anyone else know?

These can be used with any scope mounts though, correct?

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    I do remember the shop had a really hard time finding it in the catalog, we ended up just trying a bunch of different ones out and the #45 fit so I went with it. Im not all that familiar with the sizes but there should be one that fits without having to grind the screws down, the #46 might be that one.

My Mark II was NIB and didn't come with any mounts, it was drilled and everything but no mounts. Kinda lame in my mind, first new gun ive bought that didn't have the mounts included (even my Mossberg 500 came with some). And I also couldn't find any size that specifically listed the Mark II.

Good luck with it they are very accurate guns. The first group I shot with mine was a 2 inch 20shot group at 50 yards with Winchester bulk pack ammo. Not to shabby for me. :yesway:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    My Mark II was NIB and didn't come with any mounts, it was drilled and everything but no mounts. Kinda lame in my mind, first new gun ive bought that didn't have the mounts included (even my Mossberg 500 came with some). And I also couldn't find any size that specifically listed the Mark II.

Mine came the same way. I called the factory and they said it should have. They said they were out of them and they would send me some but they were on back order. I still got them in the mail in about a week or less. All it took was a simple phone call.

techno.m3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    hmm savage says this gun does not include them... forgot to ask which bases it requires

picked up a couple 46's.... they are not right

couldnt find a store with either the 45's or 25's

why is this so difficult?

Top Bottom