• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sausagecake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Wherever I can eat S
    I inherited this gun from my grandpa a few years back, and have no idea what it is. The main reason is that I cannot find any markings on it as a starting point for research. Any help would be much appreciated.

guns041.jpg

guns043.jpg

guns044.jpg

guns048.jpg

guns041.jpg

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Tip up style 22 rifle, very Teutonic in styling, often referred to as a garden gun. May be marked under the wood, even a proof mark could help determine country of origin.

Was also going to suggest something in .22 caliber.

Probably of the .22L or S variety. Might also be .22LR or .22Mag.

If it's not a .22, I'm almost sure it's meant for some kind of rimmed cartridge!

Is there rifling?

-J-

Sausagecake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Wherever I can eat S
    I am not sure if there is rifling. It is back home so it will be a few days till I can check. After following the lead from Yamaha, I think that it is Belgian in origin. I go home later this week and will check more closely for marks.

kevinj110

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    home
    I have no insight to offer on the gun. I just have to say that rifle is a thing of beauty. I think it is awesome something like that is still around and in good shape.

gunrott

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Lafayette
    If you are in the Lafayette area take it over to Diamond V Outdoor Sports, I had the same issue a few weeks ago. I went in and talk to him and he said bring it over and he would take a look at it, and as soon as I walked in with it he started flipping threw a book and within seconds he flip the book over for me to read about it. He also offered a lot of other useful information about it.
    Diamond V Outdoor Sports
    5 N Earl Ave, Lafayette, IN 47904
    (765) 447-3210

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    I am not sure if there is rifling. It is back home so it will be a few days till I can check. After following the lead from Yamaha, I think that it is Belgian in origin. I go home later this week and will check more closely for marks.

without a doubt its european styling....I have a late 1800's french double 12ga and its styled very similar. The europeans usually were more ornate and art inspired at that time than americans who mainly wanted utility. Very nice looking rifle for the age, keep us updated when you find out.....I believe the listing I posted from New Zealand stated early 1900's production:popcorn:

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    that's what it generically called a Flobert type rifle. Usually chambered for .22 rimfire, often of a short. Many were made in Belgium around teh turn of the last century. Some were decent, but most were, well, budget rifles. If it seems safe, I'd limit it to shooting CB caps out of it.

Top Bottom