Need help identifying a shotgun...........

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    I have googled it and researched it, but am still a little unsure. The shotgun is a Spanish made df escopetas jabe eibar double barrel in 12 gauge. It appears to be a somewhat rare shotgun. Does anyone have any input?

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Is it rare because they didn't make many? Import many? Or because they fell apart decades ago?

Lots of cheap shotguns were imported and sold through hardware stores, lot of them not the best quality or they were used hard so they've broken or were trashed decades ago

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    I am not sure. Part of the problem is that it is old and hard to read the writing in Spanish.

MDMayo, you are right. I am not sure how to post pictures on here.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    The shotgun was made by Juan Antonio Belategui in Spain, somewhere on the gun there will be a M followed by a set of numbers, this is the model number. The model number and the extent, if any, of the engraving and inlays will determine value...along with condition of course.

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    I followed this link Spain and think I have a manufacturer date of 1968. The proof marks are symbols numbers 33, 23 and 37. Having said all that I am still not sure what that means. Escopetas only means it's a shotgun.

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    Thank you for the advice! A member over at Shotgunworld helped me out.

QUOTE=kalboy;6129545]I don't have any real info to add except to suggest a visit to Shotgun World forum in the event you don't solve your mystery here. Those folks are very helpful and knowledgeable on all things shotgun. Link below to their gun ID and value board. Good luck !

Shotguns and more Shotguns! ShotgunWorld.com is Your Best Source for Shotgun Information[/QUOTE]

Top Bottom