• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdroz3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2009
    Walkerton
    There are a number of things to consider when purchaseing a firearm, and a few fellow members have covered them already so I won't dwell.
    I would recommend a training class(always a good thing) that will allow you to shoot different guns of different calibers. If you do decide to look into this, i would make sure that the range time and ammo are covered by the class fee.

Spacey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    I will say this. I am buying the gun as a gift for my daughter. She gets to choose, but I get to make the final decision. I will guarantee this - IT WON'T BE A GLOCK!!!

Everybody had good advice...But like my dad said I can choose but he makes the final decision....He's also right it wont be a glock, Because I HATE GLOCKS...I just dont like how Glocks feels. I'll take everyones advice and see how they feel. Thanks so much for helping:D

POTI

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    I know its not on your "list" but if you want to shoot my CZ-75 just name the day I never need a reason to go shooting!

woodcox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Westside of Indy
    check out the new walther pps, comes in 9mm and 40...looks very nice with a great company name. Other than that the kahr PM9 and PM40 are very small, accurate and reliable carry guns. On the cheaper side a PF-9 can be a great gun.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I wanted to get a HK Usp but my dad said that its to big of a handgun for concealed carry. So he showed me a Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm or a HK Usp Compact 9mm. My problem is i like them both but cant make up my mind. So can anyone help me?

Get the HK USP Compact. I used to have one and wish I would have never sold it. I had zero problems with it, none at all.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I will guarantee this - IT WON'T BE A GLOCK!!!

...it wont be a glock, Because I HATE GLOCKS...
    :eek::runaway::bigballs: Wow...that went over well...

Testing, testing...1, 2, 3...testing...

You have learned well young grasshopper... ;)

kungfu22.jpg

:popcorn:

Last edited:

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Well if you already like his full size HK usp and know its controls well. Then it would make sense to go with the HK usp compact IMO. From what I hear they are good guns. Or have you tried a 1911 platform? Like one of the para hawg's? or the Springfield Micro? either one in 9mm, or 45 too of course if you aren't set on 9mm.

Glocker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    HK terrible customer service. You better hope nothing happens to it otherwise you'll be left with headaches. If your looking for small 9mm carry package I think the Glock 26 would be pretty simple and straight forward right out the box. All guns have different issues no matter who the manufacturer. I own alot of pistols and don't discrimate but came to liking my Glocks better for its simplicity.

lilop

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    If you want to carry it concealed, then go for the USPc. I've shot them in 9mm and 45acp, and it not only conceals well, but it is accurate and an easy shooter.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I agree that the Glock 26 is a great out of the box option. I would also recommend the M&P 9c (my EDC).

Like stated many times the best thing is to get your hands on as many as you can because everyone has their own personal preferences.

barricade

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    i carry an h&k p2000 .40 combat. so i dont think there to big for conceal and carry, however, you have to decide for yourself or else you wont be happy with it in the end.... cause its you that has to carry. btw i like the way you think esrice fair and rational.

exile

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Get whatever you want - I'd go with the USP or USPc

I can easily carry a fullsized USP - it's all about getting a high quality holster

You can get one new from CDNN Investments for less than $730 shipped to your FFL

Spacey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Ive been trying to convince him to let me get a full size HK Usp...Its was working until the boss (MOM) stepped in.....But i will more then likely get a HK Usp compacet.

Top Bottom