• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    If you like the Walther PPK, check out the Bersa Thunder .380. It's basically the same gun, a little cheaper. They make a CC model, but it might still be a little big for pocket carry.

Thunder Concealed Carry

You can also find a Ruger LCP or LCR with a Crimson Trace laser already attached.

Ruger® LCP® Centerfire Pistol Model 3713

I'll second the vote for trying a Bersa Thunder and will add the thought that the Bersa is a better weapon than the PPK/S. I made the mistake of buying a PPK/S because I like stainless guns. Bersa does not make a stainless Thunder 380 so I thought I'd step up to the PPK/S. What a mistake. For close to twice the money, you get half the reliability. My PPK/S would not function correctly through most of the first 500 rounds. During that time, I had to take a bit of emery paper and polish the spot where the ramp and chamber meet to stop bullets from hanging up there. The double action on the PPK is totally awful compared to the Bersa. My Bersa's are a great gun and work when I pull the trigger. The PPK is a neat looking gun that I really want to trust, but am still having trouble doing so.

Having said all of that, my normal pocket gun is a Sig P238. I love that little gun. It is a soft shooter and is fun to shoot all day long if I want. It's smaller than the Bersa, so it carries well in a pocket.

joliverjr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2013
    Whiteland
    I also carry a Sig P238. I don't generally pocket carry. It fits very nicely in my waist band with a Remora holster. I wore it in a tuckable Remora this past weekend when I went somewhere that required a dress shirt and my wife and kids said they couldn't tell I was carrying (I asked later). I have owned an LCP, a Taurus 738TCP, an LC9, an LCR, and a Beretta PX4 SC and tried them all for EDC. The only one that came close in comparison was the LC9. I base that on various factors. The LC9 was easier to conceal than the PX4 SC and a little easier to control. The others were all difficult to control in comparison, but the LCR is also difficult to conceal well if you are in good shape.

Top Bottom