• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Some ideas. . .

The availability of spoons and forks does not make people fat.

Neither does the availability of any tool cause any behavior.

Additionally, there's no positive correlation between so called "gun control" laws and the sort of thing to which she refers. What there a huge school shooting problem in 1890? How about 1920? Yet, there was comparatively no federal regulation of firearms ownership back then. Yet, today, with 20,000+ firearms laws, there's a "problem?"

Her phraseology, "The problem is . . .," indicates a narrow, simplistic understanding of a complex issue.

None of which is likely to make any difference in her position since it's most likely based on emotion rather than critical thought.

Last edited:

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    She never engages my wife and I face to face on the subject. It is always in text or face-book. We have taken advise given by many here and we just do not engage. She is just looking for a fight and I/we truthfully do not want to expend the energy as it is a waste so we ignore. She is not blood to me , just the wife and the wife has basically cut ties because it is not just guns we disagree on. Like I said she is a liberal Demo-rat so you can imagine some of the issues.

Top Bottom