• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    Notified by gun shop that once my stamp arrives for my HTA Kestrel, that I will need to fill out a 4473 before taking it home. Is this normally done? I assumed (maybe incorrectly) that once the approval process is completed that is it, and you just pick up the item and take it home. This is under a trust and I'm not sure how to proceed. If it is wrong, then how should I let the owner of the shop know and what steps should they take to confirm this? Any help and suggestions welcomed as I don't want any further delays after 10 months waiting.

10ring

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Classified
    Notified by gun shop that once my stamp arrives for my HTA Kestrel, that I will need to fill out a 4473 before taking it home. Is this normally done? I assumed (maybe incorrectly) that once the approval process is completed that is it, and you just pick up the item and take it home. This is under a trust and I'm not sure how to proceed. If it is wrong, then how should I let the owner of the shop know and what steps should they take to confirm this? Any help and suggestions welcomed as I don't want any further delays after 10 months waiting.

Yes it's normal. It's just to document the transfer to you and there will not be a NICs check or any further delays. Just fill out the form and pick up the can.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    It's not just to cover their butts, the ATF requires it. They will also do a NICS check on you as well. I register my stuff as an individual and have to fill out a 4473 as well, though no NICS check is required because the ATF already background checked me when I filed my paperwork.

Top Bottom