• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Count Blackula

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    South Bend
    More specifically, my Para 1911 GI Expert. Anyone have advice on what sort of holster I should use to carry a full-size M1911, and if any shops around South Bend has a decent selection?

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Most people will probably recommend the Crossbreed Supertuck.

I bought a Galco King Tuk on a whim. It's cheap and I didn't have to wait. I really like it. Also check out Comp-tac's offerings.

20110713151635.jpg
    20110713151737.jpg

20110713151746.jpg

dlbrown75

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 90.9%
    9   1   1
    May 2, 2011
    Newcastle, IN
    I spent some money and went with a Milt sparks vmii. It is a very comfortable holster. I dont notice the .45 colt inside my pants even in the car. Are there good holsters cheaper yes. Do I regret spending 150 for a holster I love, no.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Buy yourself a good sturdy belt like a Wilderness Instructor belt or my personal favorite the Ares Gear Ranger Belt. They aren't cheap, around $80 for the Ares but it is well worth it. The Wilderness Instructor's belt can be had for probably around $35 or so. Places like Midway USA or Cabela's will carry a good assortment of belts but you have to buy from Ares Gear direct or from one of their distributors.

As far as IWB holsters I carry my full-sized Springfield 1911 in a Blade-Tech holster with the pull-the-dots style belt loop system that lets you put the holster on without ever having to undo the belt.
    Inside the Waistband (IDPA APPROVED) :: IWB holsters :: Blade-Tech Industries

jodus

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    new castle
    i bought my galco gun belt 12 years ago and i wear it every day, still like new except for replacing the keeper. best money i ever spent. the belt makes a big difference in carry

TMU317

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Indy
    More specifically, my Para 1911 GI Expert. Anyone have advice on what sort of holster I should use to carry a full-size M1911, and if any shops around South Bend has a decent selection?

If you are interested in crossbreed at all, I would recommend checking out this site first and see if they have what you're looking for...

Crossbreed Holsters - Second Hand Holsters

I just recently purchased one from them and it is in excellent shape. Someone else posted this in another thread, so if you are already aware I apologize.

Top Bottom