Need advice: ISP suspended LTCH Notice and hearing.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    All I have read so far is "I got in a jam, they pulled my ticket, jam is over, but ticket is still pulled! What should I do?" Many have said get a lawyer and get to the bottom of it! The response was, "thanks, Ima gonna wing it and hope for the best!"

tonybia

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    7   1   1
    Apr 24, 2013
    All I have read so far is "I got in a jam, they pulled my ticket, jam is over, but ticket is still pulled! What should I do?" Many have said get a lawyer and get to the bottom of it! The response was, "thanks, Ima gonna wing it and hope for the best!"

I also got a few messages and those messages from professionals led me to conclude to go the way I am going right now. Like i said I will update this thread as things go along....

bigworm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 16, 2009
    hobart
    i have been through it going to see the judge without a lawyer i suggest getting a lawyer there was no evidence that i wasnt a proper person yet they upheld it and kept me suspended

tonybia

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    7   1   1
    Apr 24, 2013
    i have been through it going to see the judge without a lawyer i suggest getting a lawyer there was no evidence that i wasnt a proper person yet they upheld it and kept me suspended

What reasoning did they offer you for keeping you suspended?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

And he will not realize a good outcome. Get a lawyer. Just do it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

You are expected to play the game by the rules. The rules are you get legal council and let them handle it. Going solo never works. The Judge will not like you very much.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Enquiring minds would like to know what brought about the change? Did you engage the services of an attorney? Or possibly get some "free advice"?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Remember that the "got it back" comment was not the OP but somebody else with a similar issue. The OP has still not posted his AAR from his hearing.

(I got confused for a second too)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    yeah i was answering his question

Correct. Others appear to have confused you and the OP with your "I got it back" comment. (which is fine) I Just wanted to clarify for the skimmers that you and the OP are different and the OPs situation is still unresolved.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To tonybia (et alia),

Most of us go through life operating on the periphery of the system and very rarely delve into the legal system. We get a few licenses here and there and deal with the death of a relative on occasion. Hopefully it is rare that our lives are dragged into the system. However when we are pulled into the system it is also rare that we fully understand the terrain in which we are operating nor the severity of the consequences we may suffer.

We hire an attorney not to do things we are capable of doing, but rather for all the things we do not know! We should do this due to the power the system has to wield against us. While we can all read statutes and have a simple grasp of what the law says as written, few of us have the time nor depth of knowledge to understand all of the rules in play, case law / common law that may apply, or the precedents set by other rulings.

At the very least paying some money to consult with an attorney could provide you with good information on pitfalls to avoid or the best course of action to take. It could be much less painful to pay up front than to lose in a hearing and try to overturn what is now a ruling you would want to overturn.

Regards,

Doug

Top Bottom