• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    I'm in need of a Safe that can hold at least four long arms and two or three handguns. I also want to be able to bolt itnto the floor. What do you guys recommend?

wraymusicman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    Colorado
    Are you looking for something that will just contain the weapons, or something with security?

StackOn Safes are a cheap alternative, though not very secure. They can be bolted down, but no fire protection offered.

Liberty Safes or Century Safes are good bets. Good construction, fire rated, and reasonably priced. That said, you'll probably still spend ~$600 for a safe large enough for your needs.

If you're going to buy a safe, make sure it's large enough for important documents, paperwork, wills, back-up electronic data, and other valuables that might find their way in there. Just my $.02

Sheltie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    N.E. Indiana
    Take it from a guy who had all of his guns stolen, buy a quality safe. It affected my wife, my kids, me and I had to move. It's been 14 years since it happened and I wait every day for the police to show up and tell me one of my guns was used in a crime.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    Well I mainly need it for the long guns just to have somewhere to lock them in. Some security is better than none . I was looking for something around $200-300.

chickenman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 4, 2009
    Monroe County
    Take it from a guy who had all of his guns stolen, buy a quality safe. It affected my wife, my kids, me and I had to move. It's been 14 years since it happened and I wait every day for the police to show up and tell me one of my guns was used in a crime.

Yes I agree very strongly. Buy once. Buy what is safe and secure. I have a friend that is going through the same thing now. He waits for that vist or phone call from the police. Also look at something that you can use for your other stuff like important papers, doc. and jewerly. If do buy something that is fire prove, remember to put this far away as possible from a heat source. (furance, kitchen stove, etc..) just my :twocents:

KarBill

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Anderson
    I understand cost being an issue. Check out Harbor Freight Tools. They have one that holds several along with an internal lock box for handguns or important papers. It's much heavier than the Stack-on model of the same size and for about the same price. They also have a pretty good selection of small safes perfect for the bedside.

P.S. I know many people suggest the more expensive, fire-proof models but whatever you can afford right now is better than having nothing at all...you can always upgrade later...HTH

wraymusicman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    Colorado
    The StackOn safes are a resonable option, especially if you have an unfinished wall (basement) that you can build them in to. They are pre-drilled to attached to studs on either side, leaving only the door exposed when finished. Again, no fire protection, but this configuration would offer a little more security, especially if you 'hide' it behind a piece of furniture or art. Good luck!

Top Bottom