• ...and so much more!
  • AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Highland.

They have been doing the process for quite awhile. As I stated earlier I was asked to take a picture about 6 years ago when I didn't know any better. So I hoping this will correct their so called policy and they will adhere to correct process of obtaining a LTCH.

COUGH, COUGH -- Class action -- COUGH, COUGH

:whistle:

If they were doing this 6 years ago and continued it that will affect quite a few people. Sounds like they have themselves a nice little private database. Anything else, like filling out a 'local' paper asking why you want one, character references, etc?

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    COUGH, COUGH -- Class action -- COUGH, COUGH

:whistle:

If they were doing this 6 years ago and continued it that will affect quite a few people. Sounds like they have themselves a nice little private database. Anything else, like filling out a 'local' paper asking why you want one, character references, etc?

I'm interested in seeing what the legal minds have to say.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Since the license is issued by the ISP and they as a local government entity are adding restrictions contrary to state law would this not fall under IC 35-47-11.1? I think I'm beginning to feel a bit "adversely affected" by this.

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    Since the license is issued by the ISP and they as a local government entity are adding restrictions contrary to state law would this not fall under IC 35-47-11.1? I think I'm beginning to feel a bit "adversely affected" by this.

Im interested in what steps all the people they have been taking photos of can take.

Last edited:

ArmedNerds

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2016
    Behind a keyboard
    Maurice-Moss-Eating-Popcorn-The-IT-Crowd.gif

Just marking a space, as this is gonna get good. There is absolutely zero reason they need a picture.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I guess I don't get why he doesn't want his picture taken. I'm sure it is more than a bad hair day. Truthfully, they probably took one with security cameras when he walked up to the door. If I have nothing to hide, I wouldn't worry.

You might also ask where this picture will be stored and who will have access to it.
    So, you would do anything a police officer asks you to? You have nothing to hide, right?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I guess I don't get why he doesn't want his picture taken. I'm sure it is more than a bad hair day. Truthfully, they probably took one with security cameras when he walked up to the door. If I have nothing to hide, I wouldn't worry.

You might also ask where this picture will be stored and who will have access to it.

Wow... the nothing to hide argument, really? So how about allowing a search of your automobile or home, just because someone felt like asking and you should not have anything to hide, right?

There are clear preemption laws at the state level related to firearms that make these additional "requirements" a no go.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Does the new plastic LTCH not have a photo on it? I still have the old pink piece of paper issued for the lifetime permit, but I thought/assumed the new plastic ones were to have a photo. My non-resident permit from Florida does have the photo, and it makes sense to me for the photo to be included.

Of course, if it is not on the LTCH there is no reason for the PD to take a photo. I am asking for clarification only.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    No photo on new either...

Does the new plastic LTCH not have a photo on it? I still have the old pink piece of paper issued for the lifetime permit, but I thought/assumed the new plastic ones were to have a photo. My non-resident permit from Florida does have the photo, and it makes sense to me for the photo to be included.

Of course, if it is not on the LTCH there is no reason for the PD to take a photo. I am asking for clarification only.

Awhile back I upgraded my pink paper to a pink plastic, and NO there is not a picture on the new plastic LTCH either...Bill.

ArmedNerds

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2016
    Behind a keyboard

If it were to have a photo, the State Police could probably get one from the DMV and streamline the process. Either way, no need for the local PD to take a picture.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

If it were to have a photo, the State Police could probably get one from the DMV and streamline the process. Either way, no need for the local PD to take a picture.

Yep, FL had a picture. Its been over 20 years since I had a FL CCW. I'm not sure now, but at the time, you had to submit a photo with your FL application.

And agreed, there is no reason for the local PD to take a picture connected to this, and they definitely should not be making it a "requirement".

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    Couple of attorneys have been contacted will keep you guys updated the best I can.

Top Bottom