• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Looking for a new SUV for the ol' lady. She needs 4 doors, 4wd/AWD, some style, and decent ground clearance. Any suggestions? She won't drive a Jeep GC like me because I have one.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Well, what IS your price range?

Doesn't do us any good to suggest a Land Rover Range Rover supercharged or a Mercedes G-Wagen if you're on a Suzuki budget. :-)

-J-

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    I recomend the Tahoe/Suburban. You do not mention children, we have five, = Suburban, thh Tahoe is a smaller version. We have had three Suburbans, and plan to keep on in the stable as long as we can drive. Although we had problems with the dealer on a repair, I give the Suburban, a 5 star rating for comfort, ease of maint. and cost of operation. My wife loves hers.

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    Hummer H3. It goes through just about anything you can throw at it, drives & rides nice, room for gear and kiddo's and gets 18-22 mpg depending on how hard you drive it. I've had one for about 4 years and absolutely love it. No issues at all in 70K miles.

Yeah, GM in their infinite wisdom (:xmad:) closed down Hummer but I think you could get a decent deal on a fairly new lease vehicle.

I have been very impressed with this vehicle.:yesway:

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    H3 is what I drive and yea I would buy it again. Very happy with mine. has to be 2007 or newer though, they updated the engine in 2007

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Looking for a full, mid, or compact size?

Full - Yukon or Yukon XL
    Mid - I kinda dig the new GMC Acadia AWD and Terrain AWD
    Compact - Rav4 or CRV are always popular

Yeah, I kinda lean towards the GM brands. I've always had good luck with them. If you want different options, just look at the Buick or Chevrolet versions.

I would have suggested a Saturn Vue. My wife LOVES her's, but you can't buy them new. Maybe a low-mileage used one?

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    For the last SEVERAL years, the SUV's that have topped the charts every year are the Subaru Forester, Toyota 4runner and Nissan Pathfinder.

This is a little dated
    Best and Worst Used Cars - Highest and Lowest Rated Trucks and SUVs - Car Buying Tips
    The Subaru Outback/Forester/Tribeca top the charts EVERY year, and ALWAYS win Motor Trend safety awards. They are so under-appreciated, but hey...what do I know, I have only owned 5 of them, and still have two in my driveway.

AccuRat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Just north of nowhere...
    Subies are wonderful, but pricy. We ended up with a Hyundai Santa Fe. Fantastic vehicle! LOADED, it was under $27K (Leather, AWD, V6, etc.,etc., etc.) Very impressed with the fit/finish and the warranty is the best in the business. Now if I had nearly $40K of disposable income handy, the Toyota Highlander is a slick and sassy grocery getter with decent off road capability if needed.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    We loved our Santa Fe, and I'd buy another one if that were the direction I was going. They've increased in price in the last few years, but it ran great. AWD w/ v6, good ground clearance, traction control..the only thing ours didn't have was heated seats. Not bad for $20k. I ran it for 120k until I started losing 2 motor mounts. Decided to get the wife a van instead of fixing it.

Top Bottom