• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bouncerclub

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    IMO not buying a good mattress at this time in your life is the thinking in the completely wrong direction. Im operateing under the assumption that your still working not retired and need a good nights rest. It really does make all the diff though i think that can be had for in the upper 1k to lower 2k range. Don't know you but if your like everyone else youd get old later (feel that way anyway) by takeing care of yourself now.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Denver Mattress Company, Richmond Eurotop queen. Add a 3" memory foam topper from Sam's Club for extra luxury. Should be less than a grand for the whole setup. Mine was, 3 years ago.

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Funny you should bring this up. We just purchased a mattress from Todays Bedroom One. They went went bankrupt last week... the day it was supposed to be delivered. (Ain't that some ****) 2 weeks later and we still don't have it.

However...

My sources (the folks who are in charge of liquidating everything for BR1) tell me that a few of the stores will be open tomorrow. Specifically, the one in Avon will be open from 10am-8pm. There could be some deals to be had there... might be worth a looksee.

IUGradStudent

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    We have a Stearns & Foster. Bought it with money from our wedding. It's basically the most expensive thing we have in the house. It's awesome, but it was pricey (like $1,500 if I remember correctly). It's not a pillow-top model because the wife hates that. If I were doing it again I would go to Sam's Club, buy their standard non-pillow top model, and be done. Oh, yeah, and we bought the mattress from Art Van, and were lied to by the salesman. One more reason to go Sams...no salesmen...

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    We have a Stearns & Foster. Bought it with money from our wedding. It's basically the most expensive thing we have in the house. It's awesome, but it was pricey (like $1,500 if I remember correctly). It's not a pillow-top model because the wife hates that. If I were doing it again I would go to Sam's Club, buy their standard non-pillow top model, and be done. Oh, yeah, and we bought the mattress from Art Van, and were lied to by the salesman. One more reason to go Sams...no salesmen...

You were LIED to? By a SALESMAN? :scratch:

:spend::blahblah: ...:delivery: ... :wallbash:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    im about to show my ignorance but ive only had hand me down mattresses. but anyways i seriously thought you could buy the worlds best mattress for 500 or less. those things are crazy high prices

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    well when your back is as bad as mine the 3k pays for itself in the slow down of medical bills. and my wife will never leave me because she knows the bed is coming with me and I think she loves it more than me.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    $1500 every 10 years... or $5k every 30 years... Same thing.

My 8 year old $900 bed just isn't cutting it now that there are two of us.

Don't skimp on bedding; a goodly portion of your overall health is determined by how rested you are and how well you're able to sleep.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    We have one of these
    Europa

We got it at Updegraff Furniture in Elwood.
    It is incredibly comfortable. When one person moves, the other one hardly feels it at all. Ours also has a pillowtop. We also bought a mattress cover for it as well to give the mattress a longer life. It's comparable to the Tempur-pedic but much cheaper.

I really didn't want to spend the money, but you do have to remember that you are sleeping on this everynight for the next 10+ years (until you need a new one). Its like 1/3 of your life during that time so you should get a good one.

I'd be careful about a sleep number bed. There have been complaints that it collects mold. Check out this website for some consumer complaints. Consumer complaints about Select Comfort Corp.

If you find a mattress that you like(that you can't get at Sams), I recommend calling a guy in Elwood called DJ Updegraff. He owns Updegraff furniture. If you haven't been actively looking for one yet, give him a call and see if he has any mattresses out that you can sample. I have never found a furniture place that sells things at such great prices. I don't get any commission or anything from this. His prices are awesome. He has two buildings in Elwood. They are both on SR28, about 1 mile West of SR37. Both buildings are on the south side of the street. They are about 1/8 mile from each other. The first one you'll come to if driving west on 28 looks like a regular storefront. The second one looks more like a warehouse. I am not sure which building the mattresses will be in. I highly recommend them for all of your furniture needs. He has no website. He has a handful of people working for him. Here's his number (765)552-3072. We bought some Ashley furniture from him. It was something like $1200 in the store but we got it for around $800.

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    There's a guy down in Franklin that builds mattresses. He advertises on WIBC every now and then. I have no idea how good they are, I haven't made it down that way for a while during the week to see. I think he's on the south side of Franklin, on US 31. The wife and I have been talking about buying a new mattress/box spring set, and the guy is making them here in central Indiana...

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Well, by that rationale, I can get your foam mattress for about $20 as well. Egg crates.

You like yours, I like mine.

no rationale just fact. the guts of a select comfort are just 2 adjustable air mattress'. now if you take apart a temperpedic you will find egg crate foam nowhere. there is nothing special about select comfort other then what the marketing gets you to believe. if you like it great but temperpedic is a scientifically superior product.

Top Bottom