• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Taylor1911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2012
    indianapolis
    Ok so I have an interview tomorrow at gander mountain in Caselton I do ok in interview but I never have questions to ask. Can some one help me think of questions to ask so I am prepared?

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Full time or part time?

Are you a student? If so will they work around your schedule?

If full time how are the benefits?

Whats their stand on Concealed carry?

Speedybruin4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    If they haven't done so earlier in the interview, ask what a typical work day is like.
    If I had to guess he/she may say that there is no typical day and it varies depending on staffing level.

Also ask about future opportunities for growth and advancement. When I managed a sporting goods store a few years ago, people who asked this at least got a second glance. It shows initiative and that they cared more about working here than just a paycheck.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    What type of training will you be given? Commission or straight pay (if selling big items)? Time off policies? Ask the interviewer what he likes about working there. How does he envision you will spend your first week - thrown on to the floor? Shadow someone? Watch training movies? What's the employee discount on guns?

Are you ready for questions about how you handle upset customers? Your biggest selling strength and weakness?

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Don't ask questions that are going to throw red flags.

I.E.
    - Can I carry at work
    - When is my lunch break
    - How many vacations can I take
    - Do I really have to work every weekend?
    - Do I really have to wear that dorky uniform?
    - How often can I be late before I get fired?

Basically, anything that might make the interviewer question your loyalty, liability, reliability, will to work, etc.

General questions about the job itself (instead of specifics over rules/policy), are good. Like inquiring about the typical work day (already mentioned).

I had one applicant that asked me how I came to be where I was in the company. That actually caught me off guard, but I liked it. It showed that he was looking for a path of advancement, and not just wanting to clock in/clock out and go home.

iufan2010

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    southeast side of indy
    I work at the Greenwood store and can give you a few tips. First, they don't allow you to carry your own gun on you while you are working which really stinks. They will ask you what experience you have with guns, and since you share space with archery, do you know bows as well. It's ok if not, most of the guys don't. If you're doing part time, the scheduling has been good for me with school. Most of the managers are good at giving you the time off you need. As for discounts, if you get the job, I'll let you know what those are.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom