• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bw210

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Kouts, IN
    I use two. Beltman(lower) dual ply sharkskin with internal stiffener and a TT Gunleather(upper) dual ply sharkskin with internal stiffener. I highly recommend either, but I think the TT is a little better for the same price. Both are holding up incredible as I am far from easy on my gear as I wear most of the day including work. They are far from a budget belt, but they will support anything you wear and take the abuse while in comfort.

dsc05621s.jpg

jojoa55

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Evansville
    Personally I found that most belts just break down to quickly and do not give much support over time. I'm a bit of big guy myself (read: 6'3 and 290lbs) and my belts do get used, so I decided to drop the money on a belt that will last. I went with a Comp Tac Kydex Reinforced belt and have loved it ever since. The belt will support pretty much anything and has yet to wear down where the leather would droop and lose its support.

Two think pieces of leather sandwich a piece of kydex. They are expensive but I don't think I will ever buy from another unless they can be copy this form.

Gun Belts & Apparel - products new home - Kydex Reinforced Contour Belts

:+1: I love my comptac belt.

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    The quality of belts at WalMart, Meijer, etc varies considerably depending on the leather used. I'll look through all of them giving them the pinch test for rigidity and find one that's quite a bit stiffer than the others and will buy it.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Pinch test might be helpful...

But another good test is to hold a belt in a loop horizontally out in front of you.

If it sags under it's own weight, it's not really stout enough to stand up to the rigors of "gun belt duty".

Top Bottom