• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    Berkley West Virgina comes to mind. Been out there a few times white water rafting
    and riding bicycles. Pretty awsome trails along the Rivers. Most of the trails that we were on were old railroad trails owned by the Dept. of Natural Resources meaning they are maintained. If you were to go that direction, check out the White Water Rafting as well.

Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    check out some of the trails in the Hoosier National fortest... Germain ridge trail head comes to mind, but I'm sure there are more.

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Knobstone is probably the best trails for what you are wanting to do, at least that I can think of at the moment.

I hiked the hell out of Knobstone when I was training for a Rockies expedition, and if I recall correctly some of the Knobstone trails are actually pretty challenging, but I haven't been out there in a bunch of years, however I think I am going to make it a priority to take my daughter out there and do some hiking this spring.

Viper393

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Clark County
    If you're looking for a loop trail check out Harrison-Crawford Forestry. Thay have at least one overnight trail that is 42 miles (AHT-Adventure Hiking Trail) with half-face shelters along the trail to sleep in. I haven't hiked an overnight there but we camp in the electric campground a lot. They also have several short hiking trails. It's about 7 miles west of Corydon along the Ohio River.

Here is a link to Obannon State Park. The state park is surrounded by the Harrison-Crawford Forestry.
    DNR: O'Bannon Woods

Here is a list of the long distance trails
    DNR: Indiana's Long Distance Trails

Top Bottom