• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    If you do, I have one sitting in my gun cabinet. No transfer fee... It doesn't shoot bad but I hate to admit I own it. Bought it from a friend 20+ years ago when he needed $20 for gas.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I recently bought a new JA-22 for $100. Wanted to see how bad it really was.

It wasn't.

With CCI Mini-Mags it works like a charm.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    i think i would rather drink turpentine and p*** on a brush fire than spend $50 on that hunk of junk. sure it might work okay using right ammo and what not, but I'd rather use my Rossi 4" stainless 6shot .22 revolver that i picked up for $150 at bradis 5 years ago and spend that $50 on ammo for my revolver. maybe Jennings/Jimenez and hi-point is an aquired taste.....and right now it tastes terrible to me.

alloyguitar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I own one. It's a good exercise in how to make a gun function. I've honestly enjoyed owning it.

A .22 just isn't that exciting to me if it fires every time. I like tinkering with it and different kinds of ammo and such to see what works and what doesn't.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Well, in a situation, you can't call time out to the bad guy so you can tinker with your weapon or ammunition :) You may have a charmed life and get a Lorcin or Jennings or Raven that's more dangerous to your intended target than it is to you, but maybe you should save up the change you dig out of the couch and buy a Hi-Point. They're ugly and they suck, but I've seen the videos where they were severely abused and performed anyway. Stuff I wouldn't do to any of my pistols.

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    MAYBE for someone in a situation where they could afford nothing else AND it was for target only. I would never rely on one to save my life, I would feel safer thowing it at them.

RobbLG

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Rule #1 of INGO...

Stay away from controversial subjects... I.E. OC vs. CC, "cheap guns" Hi-Point, Jennings etc.

The thread will span several pages and go nowhere...

I once heard that you never wanted to try to teach a pig to sing, because you would get frustrated and waste the pigs time... Same thing here...

alloyguitar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Well, in a situation, you can't call time out to the bad guy so you can tinker with your weapon or ammunition :) You may have a charmed life and get a Lorcin or Jennings or Raven that's more dangerous to your intended target than it is to you, but maybe you should save up the change you dig out of the couch and buy a Hi-Point. They're ugly and they suck, but I've seen the videos where they were severely abused and performed anyway. Stuff I wouldn't do to any of my pistols.

I own a hipoint, too. Both were offers I couldn't refuse.

...and neither I plan on defending myself with. Lol they're entertaining range guns for me. Nothing more.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I had the "luxury" of borrowing a Jennings .22 once. Every 2nd or 3rd round jammed. Half of the rounds that loaded didn't fire. Half of the rounds that did fire didn't eject. That leaves about one round per magazine that actually did what it was supposed to do (except hit the target). I actually paid my buddy twice what he had paid for it so that I could have the "luxury" of throwing the gun in the lake. Best hundred bucks I ever spent

Top Bottom