• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I think this is the correct spot for this post. If not I'm sure the mod's will move it.

I was reading another post about can the blind own and carry a gun and saw this neat idea.

A Palm Pistol. A single shot firearm chambered for .38 spl. I think mainly designed for the elderly and handicapped as a defense weapon.

Has anyone ever seen one? More pictures on the Web site for Palm Pistol.

PalmPistol.jpg

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Cool. But why must they make it look like some earwax cleaner?

Camouflage perhaps?

Since its become in vogue lately for thugs to hit the elderly this would be a great weapon for some 80 year old woman. I can see a thug telling an old woman what he was going to do to her as he approached her thinking to himself, what the hell does she think she is going to do with that earwax cleaner?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    A year or so ago the developer tried to get the FDA to approve it as a medical device for handicapped people. They turned him down. The Palm would be relatively devastating if it were fired right up against someone. The bullet, with added released gasses would likely kill the perp. It's an ideal one shot for people handicapped with arthritis or something else that limits pulling capacity.

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    Why is this commented on as if it's new, these things have been around for over a hundred years except for instead of one shot of .380 it was 6 rounds of 9mm

Top Bottom