• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdwildcat04

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    E-Ville
    Apparently, someone thought that the rules didn't apply to them.

I was thankfully on the other side of the room, but apparently 2 people were hit.

The word going around said that he had removed the zip tie from his gun, loaded in a full magazine, and had his finger on the trigger as he holstered it.

All I know is, I helped remove a lot of shrapnel from the wall........

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    Sorry to hear people were hurt!

Curious, what happens to the guy in this type of situation? Besides some form of medical suits by those hurt, what else? Lose his LTCH? Fines? Banned from shows?

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    Glad we decided not to set up there this weekend! Hope all are going to be ok! I would say it would be the same as carrying a loaded weapon into a federal bldg. Specially if there were Guardsman there for drill. He shouldve went to jail after being beat until he was convulsing on the floor for stupidity!!

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I just came from there, The ambulance passed me on the way to the show. The OP's report sounds accurate from what the shows promoter told me. Police were still writing up paperwork and there is a nice divot in the concrete. The smell of alcohol on the idiot was also mentioned. Injuries were minor and caused by fragments. As I was leaving Channel 25 ABC and Fox 7 were rolling B-roll outside.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    First Illinois now Evansville.

Remember the Four Rules always apply. Just because it is a gun show does not mean you get to "sweep" anyone.

Don't screw with the guns when people are around. We are our own worst enemy.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    I wouldn't even call this a ND, this is more like a FID - F Idiot Discharge

he had to go out of his way to make this happen

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Exactly my concern, xd.

Also we do see threads on INGO about "Why come them thar revenooers make me zip tie my pistol gun at the gun show?"

Exhibit A=the lowest common denominator.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Also we do see threads on INGO about "Why come them thar revenooers make me zip tie my pistol gun at the gun show?"

My growing concern is now the vast majority of these accidents seem to be when people are loading/unloading guns. I wonder how many of these incidents would not happen if they could have left the guns in their holsters to begin with.

Media is reporting this occurred in the foyer as he was reloading & leaving. The incident was near the exit but still in the show room.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    My growing concern is now the vast majority of these accidents seem to be when people are loading/unloading guns. I wonder how many of these incidents would not happen if they could have left the guns in their holsters to begin with.

Except they won't leave their guns in their holsters. Go hang out at a gun store all day sometime and count the number of morons who unholster their loaded gun to show it off, or check a holster fit, or for any other reason you can imagine. I once saw one idiot spin it on his finger like Wyatt Earp until he dropped it. The store owner kicked him out and told him to never come back. Now multiply the gun store by approximately 500. It's fricking SCARY. People cannot seem to keep their dang hands off their loaded guns; they have to be constantly fingering them.

Rsmith

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Morgan County
    Originally Posted by snorko
    My growing concern is now the vast majority of these accidents seem to be when people are loading/unloading guns. I wonder how many of these incidents would not happen if they could have left the guns in their holsters to begin with. .

Seems like accidents seem to happen when people don't follow the five rules. The last rule being no loaded guns at a gun show. Most gun shops I have been in have a sign on the door NO LOADED GUNS. Can some one explain why people feel the need to push back against this rule at a gun show.

deadeye

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    Pulaski Co.
    Not alot to say about this, one word sums it up. Moron.

It was an accident but if indeed he was drinking he deserves everything he gets.

sakima

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    New Albany, IN
    Guns How Mishap

To be clear, he was not leaving the show. He was on the show floor at a table about 15 yards from where I was standing. When the shot rang out, I turned to see him holding what looked like a 1911. He tried to put it in his holster, but it was quickly taken from him. I was too far to witness just what happened afterward, but there was a ringing in my ear for some time.

I have heard too many stories on what happened today, but until I get the straight scoop from Tom in the morning, I will not spread them.

The second discharge at this show in three years. The last one was in the lobby during check in and IIRC it was a -06 fired into the ceiling.

Top Bottom