• ...and so much more!
  • ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    Give me college or high school bball any day...:yesway:

college is a much better game. ill still watch the nba occasionally if there is nothing else on, but i dont make it a point to watch the nba like i do ncaa. the nba has devolved into dozens of games of one on one within the real game. theres very little teamwork in the league.

derrickgoins

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    The sad thing about the NBA is that even the scrub players are labeled as "elite" or "superstar". You have guys jumping from high school to the NBA without ever learning anything about life or how to be a responsible adult. The commissioner needs to start cleaning house. The NFL commissioner should give him a clinic on discipline.

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I hadn't watched NBA in quite a few years, until Christmas day this year. I watched some of the Lakers Cavs game. It looked like an episode of Lockup on MSNBC, but a little more violent. I quit paying attention to the NBA after all of the gambling refs, and game fixing allegations. To me its as fake as the WWF anymore, just more tattoos. I thought it was funny when they got PWN'D at the olympics a few years back. The money took over, the talent is gone, sad.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I love basketball and used to pretty much live for it. I do not know the last time I watched an NBA game though. The league has gone so downhill it is sad! Another one here that misses the old days. It is pretty sad when the so called great ones today only shoot 30% from the field and don't know how to pass! Good thing I also live for hockey and baseball!!!:D

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    The Colts aren't perfect, but 99% of the times they are on the news is for visiting sick children in a hospital, or organizing a charity. How many NBA players have a children's hospital named after them? Peyton Manning donated more money to that hospital than all the NBA players spend on weed.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    NBA players draw guns on each other

Wizards player calls gun incident 'a mistake'

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

• New York Post: Washington Wizards teammates drew guns on each other
    • Gilbert Arenas, Javaris Crittenton argued over gambling debt, paper says
    • Authorities say they are investigating incident but gave no details

Washington (CNN) -- Washington Wizards point guard Gilbert Arenas admits he drew guns in the team locker room in a highly publicized December 21 incident, but says he was only kidding around.

"I took the unloaded guns out in a misguided effort to play a joke on a teammate," Arenas said in a statement released Monday. "Contrary to some press accounts, I never threatened or assaulted anyone with the guns and never pointed them at anyone. Joke or not, I now recognize that what I did was a mistake and was wrong."

Citing NBA sources last month, the New York Post reported that Arenas and Javaris Crittenton both brandished firearms in the team's locker room.

Authorities continue to investigate the incident.

Crittenton's agent, Mark Bartelstein, told CNN Monday that his client "hasn't done anything wrong. I'm extremely confident he'll be exonerated."

Asked if Crittenton brought a gun into the Verizon Center that day, Bartelstein said, "I'm not going to get into details." He said Crittenton has not met with authorities, nor has such a meeting been requested or scheduled.

Arenas, a three-time NBA All-Star, spent Monday afternoon in a voluntary meeting with federal prosecutors at the U.S. Attorney's Office in Washington and with police about the incident, according to his attorney, Kenneth L. Wainstein.

"From the outset of this incident, Mr. Arenas has been fully cooperative with the investigation," Wainstein said in a statement, noting that Arenas relinquished the guns to Wizards security officers and met with authorities to "tell the full story."

"Over the course of a two-hour interview this afternoon, Mr. Arenas answered every question asked of him," Wainstein said in Monday's statement.

Arenas said he told authorities that he stored four unloaded guns in his locker the Verizon Center to keep them away from his children.

"I brought them without any ammunition into the District of Columbia, mistakenly believing that the recent change in the DC gun laws allowed a person to store unloaded guns in the District," he said in the statement.

He offered a public apology to the league, his teammates and his fans, saying, "I promise to do better in the future."

NBA spokesman Tim Frank declined to comment on Arenas' comments, deferring to an earlier statement: "There is an active investigation by DC law enforcement authorities, which we are monitoring closely. We are not taking any independent action at this time."

Wizards player calls gun incident 'a mistake' - CNN.com

Last edited:
    Top Bottom