• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Just another reason not to watch the gang-bangin NBA thugs...

Report says Washington Wizards Gilbert Arenas and Javaris Crittenton drew guns on each other - ESPN

NEW YORK -- Washington Wizards teammates Gilbert Arenas and Javaris Crittenton drew guns on each other during a Christmas Eve locker room argument over a gambling debt, according to The New York Post.
    Last week, the Wizards and Arenas acknowledged that Arenas had stored unloaded firearms in a container in his locker, and the NBA said it was looking into the situation.
    It was during that investigation that a confrontation between Arenas and Crittenton was revealed, according to a Yahoo! Sports report.
    974.jpg

Arenas
    3197.jpg

Crittenton
    The dispute stemmed from an unspecified disagreement, sources told Yahoo! Sports.
    Citing an anonymous source, the Post reported in Friday's edition, however, that the standoff was sparked when Crittenton became angry at Arenas for refusing to make good on a gambling debt.
    That prompted Arenas to draw on Crittenton, who then also grabbed for a gun, league security sources told the Post.
    Asked by the newspaper about the confrontation, Arenas denied pulling a gun on Crittenton.
    The Wizards on Friday afternoon released a statement regarding the alleged confrontation: "The Washington Wizards take this situation and the ongoing investigation very seriously. We are continuing to cooperate fully with the proper authorities and the NBA and will have no further comment at this time."
    At practice Friday afternoon, Arenas declined to answer questions about the allegations the Post and Yahoo! Sports reported.
    However, he did address the reports of the allegations, telling WJLA of Washington, D.C,: "I like the story, it's intriguing."
    Then, in response to questions whether anything had taken place between him and Crittenton, Arenas said: "I don't know."
    "This is unprecedented in the history of sports," Billy Hunter, executive director of the NBA players' association, told the Post. "I've never heard of players pulling guns on each other in a locker room."
    On Dec. 24, the Wizards had issued a statement addressing Arenas' storage of unloaded firearms in a container in his locker at the arena and that the NBA was looking into the situation.
    On Tuesday, Washington, D.C. police said they were investigating a report that weapons were found inside a locker room at the Verizon Center.
    Now, the federal government is also involved. Ben Friedman, a spokesman for the U.S. Attorney's Office in Washington, D.C., told the Post "we're working with the Metropolitan Police Department on the investigation."

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    You can take the hood rat out of the ghetto, but...

Remember when the Washington Bullets changed their name to the Wizards because they didn't want to associate their fine league club with violence...

Just sayin'.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    This kind of bullcrap will be the death of the NBA...literally or figuratively. I'm not much of a basketball fan, but all the bad press that some "thuggish" players bring to the league is enough to keep me away for good. :twocents:

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    The NBA needs to be run more like the NFL. The NFL has thugs to be sure, but it deals with problems more swiftly and severely IMHO.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    fwiw not all of them are bad. One of the newer Pacers shops in our store sometimes, and he's a very polite and quiet young man. (Like so quiet I have to ask him to speak up because I can't hear him quiet). We just need more teams to start cleaning up their rosters. ;)

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    fwiw not all of them are bad. One of the newer Pacers shops in our store sometimes, and he's a very polite and quiet young man. (Like so quiet I have to ask him to speak up because I can't hear him quiet). We just need more teams to start cleaning up their rosters. ;)

Yeah, I know you can't lump everyone together... but, there seems to be a lot of thugs in the NBA. I really don't know what the draw is to the NBA these days... maybe it's the gun show at half time in the locker room. :rolleyes:

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne

I agree BUT it seems the NBA has more problems than any other sports. I used to LOVE basketball, my old job had season tickets to Pacers and Id go every chance I got. It seems after the good guys like Miller, Davis, Davis, Ewing, Jordan, Barkley, Pippen and others its just went downhill.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Yeah, I know you can't lump everyone together... but, there seems to be a lot of thugs in the NBA. I really don't know what the draw is to the NBA these days... maybe it's the gun show at half time in the locker room. :rolleyes:
    You know I dont have any use for the NBA cause of the sport itself. And the thug life is sad but the locker room gun show thing is just the kind of statement gun owners hate to hear when we get smeared. Think about it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    I don't enjoy the NBA anymore. A lot of it has to do with the personalities of the players. I havent' supported the Pacers since "the brawl." It's not just about the team logo, but the men and women who wear and represent the team, too. There aren't many all around good guys left to support. It just goes to show you how lucky Indy is to have someone like Peyton representing our NFL team.

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I hate the NBA....they don't follow any rules...not only do they ignore the rules of basketball, but the NBA has even set their own standards about Marijuana...even though it is illegal everywhere the NBA has seen fit to not to test for it and they exempt their players from any penalties if they are caught.....When you think you are above the law you just give the players more license to think they are exempt from any laws....:nuts:

Give me college or high school bball any day...:yesway:

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    this is what happens when you take a gangbanger, send him to a fancy college for free and then send him to the NBA. you still are left with a gangbanger.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The reason the NBA is worse than the NFL or MLB is because they have basketball courts in the hood, not football fields or baseball diamonds. Unless they are playing football or baseball at school, they don't have any access to it.

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    East Central In.
    The NBA is like it is for one reason. David Stern. Before he took over as commissioner the NBA was all about TEAM.
    Stern, in an effort to grow the appeal (and thus income) of the NBA started pushing the superstar concept. Once that happened, players started thinking they were more important than the team and acting up accordingly.
    Then he caved to the players' union on guaranteed contracts, so now, no matter what he does, the offending player still gets paid (except in cases like Artest, where the league fines them the equivalent of their salary).
    Tinsley is a good example. After all his little incidents the Pacers put him on indefinite suspension and he still drew his salary. Even when the Pacers finally released him they had to pay him off.:xmad:

Top Bottom