• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I seriously doubt this former navy reservist had any special training past boot.

My thinking too. I presume the biggest tactical advantage he had was simply being very familiar with the facility. He could have very well holed up somewhere that was difficult to access. Multiple engagements could simply be him firing around a corner, or from an elevated position. It probably took them a while to get a clean shot.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    While I am NOT anti-gaming, it would not be hard to learn/watch/play to shoot and take cover or shoot and move just by what you would learn watching videos or playing in a game. Sounds as though he was only taking on 1-2 officers at a time as the "swat" team was turned away, several guys that are trained, well armoured, and have rifles can move quickly and get stuff done.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If the reports of his original shooting possition are correct then he had the tactical advantage. He would have both concealment and cover from the ground floors. It would take a person with trained and practiced experience to effectively eliminate him in that possition from the ground, and the right thing to do (besides laying down cover fire) would be to do what the officers suposedly did and gain a possition across from him on the level (or above) and engage him. For egress his possition sucked but when you have a death wish, getting away doesnt matter. He controlled their movements in that possition and it wasnt until they equalized his possition until he fled. According to reports so far.

i don't think his decisions were made because of advanced training. In an overlook possition he wouldn't be able to be tackled or directly assaulted by security or police. It's just a basic decision.

Top Bottom