• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Wasn't the shooter finally stopped by a lady who came from the 'gun free zone' with her own gun, who ended it?

EDIT: I heard this by one of the cute girls on 'The Five' on Fox last night. She started it off by, 'You won't hear this reported elsewhere but..."

Was a good show last night.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Wasn't the shooter finally stopped by a lady who came from the 'gun free zone' with her own gun, who ended it?

EDIT: I heard this by one of the cute girls on 'The Five' on Fox last night. She started it off by, 'You won't hear this reported elsewhere but..."

Was a good show last night.

I haven't heard anywhere who stopped him.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'll leave it to members with the law enforcement knowledge and experience to weigh in and possibly shed light on policies and proctol in this situation before I second guess the response.

If they were told to stand down it only proves that no one should rely on police for protection. These victims couldn't even rely on help from a highly trained unit that specializes in this exact scenario that was only minutes away. What chance do the rest of us have relying on the average squad car or patrolman?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I haven't heard anywhere who stopped him.
    They've been reporting that a DC officer and a parks officer came face to face with him in a side hallway and shot him.

Some people might cry and whine for me asking this but I believe its a valid question. Why in the hell did it take officers of any kind at least 7 minutes to get on scene and then who knows how long to confront the shooter? That's terrible response time. The fire department is faster than that and this is a damn base!

also Pardon me for also being skeptical but with it being proven in the past that parts of our government has used brainwashing and reprogramming, doesn't all of the facts about this guys past and him hearing voices recently and he himself going to the police make him seem like the perfect Manchurian candidate? Yeah I don't put anything past this administration to get their gun agenda passed.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    So what did you hear?
    The shooter was not military or police and armed inside the "gun free" zone? :dunno:

I heard he was shot by the police.

I heard her report that the shooter was taken out by a civilian, not the police. Supposedly someone who was illegally possessing a firearm in a 'gun free zone'. The reporter briefly mentioned this and followed up or began saying, 'No one else is reporting this but...' (or something along those lines.)

I can't find any documentation on this and am still looking. If you can find an archive of last night's "The Five" on Fox, it would have been said within the first 10 minutes. It was sort of an opening dialogue to the first segment where they discussed the Navy Yard shooting.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I think that would be so awesome if its true. Although this administration would bury that info if its true. They and the media wouldn't be able to have a police hero to dangle in front of the public and it would prove that an average good guy with a gun can stop a bad guy. If they tried to prosecute the person for an illegal gun because of a unjust law i would sooooo love to be on that jury to set them free!!

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    They've been reporting that a DC officer and a parks officer came face to face with him in a side hallway and shot him.

Some people might cry and whine for me asking this but I believe its a valid question. Why in the hell did it take officers of any kind at least 7 minutes to get on scene and then who knows how long to confront the shooter? That's terrible response time. The fire department is faster than that and this is a damn base!

also Pardon me for also being skeptical but with it being proven in the past that parts of our government has used brainwashing and reprogramming, doesn't all of the facts about this guys past and him hearing voices recently and he himself going to the police make him seem like the perfect Manchurian candidate? Yeah I don't put anything past this administration to get their gun agenda passed.

We don't have teleportation, it takes a little bit to get somewhere. Once there, they would have to find and identify the perpetrator and decide on aporopriate action. I think you would agree from your military days that action is always quicker than reaction.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    We don't have teleportation, it takes a little bit to get somewhere. Once there, they would have to find and identify the perpetrator and decide on aporopriate action. I think you would agree from your military days that action is always quicker than reaction.
    Well you should have it! And its your fault you don't. Insert purple as needed.

i see and agree with what your saying but to me post 9/11 especially at a facility like this in the city its in that a better response system would be in place. I don't know the full story yet and we do know at some point he murdered or injured some sort of armed security, so I guess I should hold judgement till the official declassified facts are released.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    I can understand if a few SWAT members got there and them not wanting them to just rush in without a tactical plan but to send them back to base?? WTF???

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I can understand if a few SWAT members got there and them not wanting them to just rush in without a tactical plan but to send them back to base?? WTF???

That's Columbine thinking. If ONE officer arrives, and is by himself, he's to enter... tact plan is simple, find the guy and engage so he focuses on you and stops shooting people.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Top Bottom