• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I personally don't see a huge problem with loosening requirements. They can get them admitted, and if it doesn't work out, kick them out in boot.
    Yeah, short of committing a crime, no one is leaving boot camp without a uniform when they're lowering standards like they have been. There's immense pressure to maintain and grow numbers when they're low like they are.

This **** happens every time there's been a democrat president. They were paying people to get out under Clinton (I fell a month short of qualifying for any money of course) and just a short while later they were so desperate to get numbers back they were violating people's contracts and calling people who had served their active duty responsibility and were in the IRR out of the blue telling them they were AWOL. Happened to me.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Ultimately, speaking as a veteran with a veteran father and grandfather, I wouldn't recommend or suggest my kids join the military today for a variety of reasons. I used to recommend it regularly when I was a police officer interacting with younger people who needed direction. No more.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Yeah, short of committing a crime, no one is leaving boot camp without a uniform when they're lowering standards like they have been. There's immense pressure to maintain and grow numbers when they're low like they are.

This **** happens every time there's been a democrat president. They were paying people to get out under Clinton (I fell a month short of qualifying for any money of course) and just a short while later they were so desperate to get numbers back they were violating people's contracts and calling people who had served their active duty responsibility and were in the IRR out of the blue telling them they were AWOL. Happened to me.
    I remember those days. Went from throwing money at people to get out to throwing money at people to enlist in like 5 years. I knew a couple former Recruiters who got called back to that special duty because there weren't enough Recruiters for the kids getting money thrown at them.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Persons who score in Categories I and II tend to be above average in trainability; those in Category III, average; those in Category IV, below average; and those in Category V, markedly below average.

In the Army we had cat IV in BCT when I was a DS. They do the MOS’s that are very simple. They tend to be kinda slow but most are workhorses a strong back and a weak mind goes a long way.

I got caught in the Clinton drawdown I was an SGT/E-5 for 4 years. Then when they had kicked too many out I was a SSG/E-6 for 18 months and promoted to SFC/E-7 18 months after that.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I got caught in the Clinton drawdown I was an SGT/E-5 for 4 years. Then when they had kicked too many out I was a SSG/E-6 for 18 months and promoted to SFC/E-7 18 months after that.
    I spent 3.5 of my 6 years on active duty as an E-4 promotable. In that entire time, they promoted one Sgt in the entire Army that we could find. My MOS was so bottlenecked it was ridiculous, we were assigned to all kinds of units from infantry, artillery, cavalry and there was typically one E-7 per batallion and one E-8 at the brigade level so I had no choice but to get out. I attempted to change my MOS while I was still in basic to go infantry, once I got a taste of basic I didn't want to leave that environment and wanted to sign up for airborne, air assault, anything I could but nope. They wouldn't allow anything at that point (late 1990). Serving under Clinton sucked balls as I imagine it has under most D leadership.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    18 and sucking air most likely, but that was a very different time and we're preparing for a very different type of warfare. The military's role has changed significantly since then and our wars are now as much about electronics as they are bullets.

We need intelligent men and women in these roles, unfortunately this country abandoned trying to produce them a couple of decades ago.
    I do know with WW2 I had two great uncles that tried to enlist and were sent home after MEP's over the Pepsi bottle glasses they both wore.
    Three other brothers enlisted with no problems.

Top Bottom