• ...and so much more!
  • Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    Would this be worth a 4 hour drive?

If you're talking four hours round trip, I'd say go ahead and check it outThere are several hundred if not thousand museum grade firearms.Not to mention all the other normal items a person would expect or hope to run across.I'm doing a little more than 4 hours round trip, not thinking a thing about it.It's a pretty impressive display of goods.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Would this be worth a 4 hour drive?

No and I live 20 minutes away from it.....the last 4 shows have been duds. Over priced stuff, alot of Fudd guns, unless that is what you are into, and if the last few shows have been any indication, the crowds will be insane.

You will be groin to butt with the guy in front and behind, standing for minutes on end, not moving, all the while guys will be standing in the middle of the isle, having a reunion, while newbies stand at a table and gawk at a FN2000, drooling over it muttering, "Dude..that's one of the guns from Call of Duty, Modern Warfare 2!"..while the majority of the patrons have never heard of a bar of soap, running water, a tooth brush or mouth wash.

Then you dodge the guys in the hover chairs, who run into you, without so much of an "excuse me", while you look at rows and rows and rows of old Winchesters and shotguns, for 1/2 the show, until you finally get to the rows and rows of dealers of modern stuff that think a Chinese Knock off ACOG is really worth $175.

But hey, have fun!

;)

trophy hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    southern indiana
    just got back.. no great bargins, did have deal already done with a vender to pick up a stack of new colt ar mags for 10 each!
    went looking for an `extra` ar upper,seen a vender than my nefew bought one off of at the last 1500 for 325.00 well they want way up since then or they just think guys down south have more $$ as they were no where close to that price... never found a deal on one...

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    just got back.. no great bargins, did have deal already done with a vender to pick up a stack of new colt ar mags for 10 each!
    went looking for an `extra` ar upper,seen a vender than my nefew bought one off of at the last 1500 for 325.00 well they want way up since then or they just think guys down south have more $$ as they were no where close to that price... never found a deal on one...

How was the crowd? Was it packed? I had heard from a guy at the Bedford Show that his buddy said it was packed.

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    i just got back. it was just as crowded as the last 1500. some of the same vendors. but the whole show was that. a "Show". almost 7/8 of the booths were nothing more than wall decor. 5800 bucks for 1926 brand new 1911a1. nearly every gun outside of new pistols were around $2000 or higher. thosands of 1900 and earlier guns. never seen so many luger pistols at the same time. or flint lock pistols.

i say just wait for the next 1500 and see the same ppl with out the long drive.

trophy hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    southern indiana
    i just got back. it was just as crowded as the last 1500. some of the same vendors. but the whole show was that. a "Show". almost 7/8 of the booths were nothing more than wall decor. 5800 bucks for 1926 brand new 1911a1. nearly every gun outside of new pistols were around $2000 or higher. thosands of 1900 and earlier guns. never seen so many luger pistols at the same time. or flint lock pistols.

i say just wait for the next 1500 and see the same ppl with out the long drive.

yep pretty crowded..

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    We got to Louisville early, got our stuff and got out. Found some M14 firing pins and a nice TRW bolt. Saw a lot of stuff that was way overpriced. Watched a guy pay double price for a M1 Carbine safety button

duke

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Louisville, Ky
    I got back this afternoon. I wish I had checked in earlier I would've said hello. I saw some neat stuff, but didn't end up buying anything. I was looking for an Argentine Sistema 1927 but only found one, but the pricing was way off.

It was fun, but I could have done with out the ranting and politicing on the PA.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    The PA rants hadn't started by the time we left. We really weren't there all that long. I was on a mission to find specific items and then get gone.
    We saw some cool class III stuff, a nice BAR for example.
    I also saw a couple of 1941 Johnson rifles for sale. I'm really thinking hard on aquiring one.
    I didn't pay any attention to the AR related stuff so don't know how the prices compared. I bought the only 2 USGI M1 Carbine magazines that I could find that had a sane price on them.
    I didn't see near everything, but all the ammo I looked at was high. I didn't see any 7.62 x 51 battle packs but it may have been there.

XFCTR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Columbus
    Went Saturday with a buddy who lives on that end of Indiana who usually comes up to go to the 1500 with me. Parking totally sucked. Went all the way around to the main entrance to find that I would have to drive all the way around the place to where I started adding about 10 to 15 min to the ordeal. Ok after that things got better. Show was impressive. My buddy and I are S&W fans and I saw some really awesome guns. Heck, I even saw some that I never dreamed I'd ever see in person. Gona have to line me up a FFL for one of those shows so I can indulge. Overall good day and found a good deal on lg pistol primers. Woohoo!

linkpimp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    So-Cal ~ Huntington Beach
    I wish we had a national gun day here in Cali but Nooooooo I’m / we are stuck with a bunch of tree hugging, state killing butt heads..:bash: I truly envy you!.. Please keep up the great work team.. :patriot:

Link..

Top Bottom