• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Don't forget it's $6 to park and even though the Kentucky Fair and Expo site says $10 to get in, it's really $12.

Tomorrow and Sunday there are 3 other events along with the gunshow. Parking will suck.

kcw12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 4, 2008
    I will be there checking out stuff, and seeing if i can pick up a couple things for my cz.

But we all must remember the ATF will be there, trying to pull some cruel tricks, as in Will you sell me this gun, and when you say yes ZOMG your arrested type stuff. So just be careful, they've been buzzing around the southern part of the state. From what i've seen/heard they have been trying to get people on small stuff, just to stick it to em. So be careful

And what i mean is Getting a person who didnt know he couldnt sell a handgun out of state type stuff.

hunt4fun

Retired
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    North Salem
    I'm looking for a 1911, but with the drive, the parking hassle and the cost to park and get in, I'm going to pass. Maybe another time. Thanks for letting us know about the show.

k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County
    I'm looking for a 1911, but with the drive, the parking hassle and the cost to park and get in, I'm going to pass. Maybe another time. Thanks for letting us know about the show.

The next 1500 is in four weeks, just wait till then and save the hassle of buying out of state and having to do the transfer. I haven't been to the Louisville show for several years but the 1500 seems to have more modern guns. The Louisville show has more "collector" type guns. Think $25,000 shotguns, old cowboy Winchesters, military bring back stuff, etc.

As Dog1 said there are other big events including the big custom car show at the fairgrounds this weekend too. It will be crowded.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    The next 1500 is in four weeks, just wait till then and save the hassle of buying out of state and having to do the transfer. I haven't been to the Louisville show for several years but the 1500 seems to have more modern guns. The Louisville show has more "collector" type guns. Think $25,000 shotguns, old cowboy Winchesters, military bring back stuff, etc.

As Dog1 said there are other big events including the big custom car show at the fairgrounds this weekend too. It will be crowded.

It will be stupid crowded, parking wise.

The last show I went to there, there was a basketball game, and 3 other events and it was a madhouse...not to mention the show it's self. Wall to wall people, standing in the middle of the isles, blocking movement, blocking tables, walking up against the crowd.

Tons of newbies, standing and drooling over guns.

Watched this one fool, at a table, drop the slide on a HK 4 times...I was about to tell him to not do it when the table owner came over to him.

He handled it better than I would have..

Thumper

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    South Indy
    The prices there have gone crazy.It is not worth the time or trouble anymore.But if you do go stop in and eat steak & shake chili,One slip and the aisles are cleared.:rockwoot:

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    It will be stupid crowded, parking wise.

The last show I went to there, there was a basketball game, and 3 other events and it was a madhouse...not to mention the show it's self. Wall to wall people, standing in the middle of the isles, blocking movement, blocking tables, walking up against the crowd.

Tons of newbies, standing and drooling over guns.

Watched this one fool, at a table, drop the slide on a HK 4 times...I was about to tell him to not do it when the table owner came over to him.

He handled it better than I would have..

Sounds like every gunshow i've been to.

762minigun

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indianapolis SS BG
    Dog 1 is right. It's gonna be stupid crowded. Not to mention the promoter Ron the brillo head Dixon, who loves to talk over the PA CONSTANTLY. He talks about his bogus gun show protection union, and just for giggles he announces THEIR'S A THIEF IN THE HOUSE!!! The show is split one part is the old stuff, high dollar Lugars, Colt's, ect. Some of it is really neat if you pay attention. Stuff that you would normally find in a museum. The other half is more modern stuff. If you have never been to a National Gun Day show, you should go. I really think it put's the 1500 to shame. If I wasn't going to be so busy tomorrow, I would go. Keep your eye's peeled you might just see Hank Jr. I did a few years ago.

Top Bottom