• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Years ago when the Tea Party was a new thing, I pulled a guy over for a driving violation. His violation was pretty obvious and he admitted to it right off and I would have forgotten all about it, but at the end of the stop when I gave him his license back he asked me if he was on "the list". I asked what list, and he said he'd been told the police had a list of all Tea Party members as being on a terrorist watch list. I thought he was joking at first and almost laughed, but he was serious, so I let him know there was no list of Tea Party Terrorists.

Sometimes I wish the folks who invent problems would travel globally for a year or two. Not as a tourist, as a resident. Go live in a real police state for a few months, then another, then another. See the difference between what really happens in a despotic government and what happens here. Maybe then you woudn't be so quick to believe every crackpot theory about the gubmint and realize how friggin' lucky you were to be born and raised here.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm in the guard and I'm a prepper, I know several others in my unit that are. Here's some advice in an emergency situation like Sandy, don't point a weapon at us, don't shoot at us, don't shoot at others, don't go around looting places and there should be no problem. Bottom line is its you sons and daughters, brother and sisters, fathers and mothers in those uniforms, behind those rifles. I'd be more worried about these foreign privat military companies the government is hiring

No, that can't be true. The gubmint can't be made up of people from society. How do you expect it to be Us V Them if the Them is made up of Us? Ya'll are obviously JBTs just waiting to pounce on your fellow man.

That's why we don't have a hereditary warrior class or ruling class, guys. From your elected officials to your uniformed service men, they are all volunteers from US. :patriot:

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    No, that can't be true. The gubmint can't be made up of people from society. How do you expect it to be Us V Them if the Them is made up of Us? Ya'll are obviously JBTs just waiting to pounce on your fellow man.

That's why we don't have a hereditary warrior class or ruling class, guys. From your elected officials to your uniformed service men, they are all volunteers from US. :patriot:
    Volunteers can't be drafted.....as long as the government has the ability to draft, and they get paid, they are not "volunteers".....Hey did you know that our income tax is the only "voluntary" tax on earth? yeah right.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I'm in the guard and I'm a prepper, I know several others in my unit that are. Here's some advice in an emergency situation like Sandy, don't point a weapon at us, don't shoot at us, don't shoot at others, don't go around looting places and there should be no problem. Bottom line is its you sons and daughters, brother and sisters, fathers and mothers in those uniforms, behind those rifles. I'd be more worried about these foreign privat military companies the government is hiring

The interesting thing I take out of this quote is that you are warning responsible gun owners to not point their weapons at you as you patrol the streets?

Do you think that is a likely occurrence?

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    The interesting thing I take out of this quote is that you are warning responsible gun owners to not point their weapons at you as you patrol the streets?

Interesting point. I think if things go screwy I'll be pointing and shooting at nearly anyone walking towards my home heavily armed. Even mom if she acts in a way offensive to my beliefs and values.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    indian-1.jpg

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Years ago when the Tea Party was a new thing, I pulled a guy over for a driving violation. His violation was pretty obvious and he admitted to it right off and I would have forgotten all about it, but at the end of the stop when I gave him his license back he asked me if he was on "the list". I asked what list, and he said he'd been told the police had a list of all Tea Party members as being on a terrorist watch list. I thought he was joking at first and almost laughed, but he was serious, so I let him know there was no list of Tea Party Terrorists.

Sometimes I wish the folks who invent problems would travel globally for a year or two. Not as a tourist, as a resident. Go live in a real police state for a few months, then another, then another. See the difference between what really happens in a despotic government and what happens here. Maybe then you woudn't be so quick to believe every crackpot theory about the gubmint and realize how friggin' lucky you were to be born and raised here.

I'm not a well-traveled person. I've been to South Korea twice, England, Germany, Kuwait, and Iraq. South Korea had changed remarkably between my first visit in 1974-75 and my last visit in 2007, but they still have a midnight curfew and soldiers in their streets. In Germany, you really really really don't want to **** off the cops. The term "Jack Booted Thugs" should really be the German translation of same, because they'll beat you bloody and haul you off to jail if you resist them in any manner. In England, you aren't allowed to own - except under rare circumstances - a firearm or even a good-sized knife. I don't suppose I have to remind folks what its like to be a "heathen" in a Muslim country. Whatever problems we have here - and there is no doubt we have problems, they pale in comparison to the lack of personal liberty that exists in the countries I've visited.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    You a re here, they know it, and if they care you are on a list. Recently a magazine sent a satellite
    photo of my lot with some sales pitch like, " the government knows where you are" No s#!+
    Sherlock!!! My building official gave me the same photo years ago with my lot lines marked...
    If you work or collect welfare they know who and where you are. If advertisers can find you don't you
    think the feds can? If the AD men can buy a list of your "interests" so can Uncle Sam.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    our founding fathers were branded as traitors and terrorists, had they lost, they would have been hung.
    bear in mind that history is written by the victors.
    that story, isn't the first rumour i've heard of guardsmen training for civil unrest. no idea if there's anything to that.

ecross0351

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    Yes the government has contingency plans for everything, but what everyone seems to forgets is that the men and women of the military are also "We the people". The only thing I've thought of is the government misleads the military by saying that they're going to hit a known "domestic terrorist" cell. When really its just one of our MSG's or any other group of citizens protecting their own.

ecross0351

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012

That's what I was thinking. There is no need for US troops to march on our street. Exceptions would be parades and a foreign invading force. And for the guardsman I will never point my weapon at you, unless you point your weapon at me, try and take my weapons or violate the constitution as tour fellow guardsmen did after hurrican Katrina.

GlockPaperScissors

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    South Bend, IN
    "Soldier X was also told that any soldiers in the ranks who are known as preppers will be deemed “defects.” He explained the label meant these soldiers would be treated as traitors. “If you don’t conform, they will get rid of you,” he added."

This is positively horrifying.

Indyerick

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    imgres

I am sure that anyone that stands up for what they believe is right is going to be consider a terrorist.

Top Bottom