• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TREETOP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Carmel/Westfield
    We just got back home, I bought nothing this time.
    I was hoping to find a $200 Makarov, but only found a few $275 and $300 Makarovs.
    I did get to handle a Mini Draco and was pretty close to buying it, but I think there will be better deals on them at the next 1500. I was also real close to getting a Rock Island Officer's 1911 ($399) but decided to hold off for one with different sights.
    Overall it wasn't a bad show, there just wasn't much there for me.

Z281996

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2011
    Muncie
    There is also one in Anderson this weekend at the armory its $5 adm. but im sure it won't be as big as the one in indy

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I was at the show today from 9 - 11. Had a good time, picked up three knives from Brad and Knife Lady. A Kershaw Outcast, a Spyderco Centofante III and a Kershaw Rake composite blade. My buddy got a ESEE Izula with kit.

It's great to be able to actually walk around and see things. Much smaller than the 1500 but much nicer. It was busy but not overly crowed, plenty of parking. I really like this show. Some say there are more deals to be had at the 1500 but is always so crowded at the 1500 I never get to any of the deals. And I don't enjoy the crowds or the parking far away from the show at the 1500.

We saw some good deals on Sigs. Some decent deals on various long guns and I saw a couple of Hi Point carbines. Just cant get myself to pull the trigger on a Hi Point carbine but I'm still looking at them. Some decent deals on Rock Island 45's. Most of the S&W revolvers I saw where higher than what I have seen them for in gun shops.

I was not looking for ammo but I noticed two vendors with some interesting exotic shotgun ammo. If you are in the market for some crossbows there was one vendor with a both full size and pistol size.

illini40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    I went earlier this afternoon - nice little show. They had two rooms, a large one and a smaller one.

No purchases...

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    Stout Armory show, a few vendors with ammo, no great deals but one booth had SEVERAL different calibers.

Some nice matching numbers 91/30's in the $125 range.

Good to talk to Brad and Sheila and cut up :D with them.

Word of caution fellas, when buying a knife with your wife present telling her it costs about the same as one trip to the beauty shop is NOT a winning line :laugh:

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Stout Armory show, a few vendors with ammo, no great deals but one booth had SEVERAL different calibers.

Some nice matching numbers 91/30's in the $125 range.

Good to talk to Brad and Sheila and cut up :D with them.

Word of caution fellas, when buying a knife with your wife present telling her it costs about the same as one trip to the beauty shop is NOT a winning line :laugh:

Sure it is he still bought the knife. :yesway:

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I bought me a WaltherP22 today from ZXGuns. :rockwoot: I have been wanting one and Chad gave me a pretty fair deal so well you know, I bought it. :D

Lots of INGO vendors there. :yesway:

Last edited:

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I bought me a WaltherP22 today from ZXGuns. :rockwoot: I have been wanting one and Chad gave me a pretty fair deal so well you know, I bought it. :D

Lots of INGO vendors there. :yesway:

I was at their table a long time. Almost bought one of those P22's too. What did you pay? I may go back tomorrow.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Stout Field show "Just ain't what it used to be..............ain't what it used to be...........ain't what it used to be (Tune of OLD GREY MARE).

Anybody remember the early 90's...........those were the days!

Someday I may go back, sounds like it improved, but last time I went (two years ago)
    it was a waste of $5.

We used to set up in the lil room, and eat at Dans.

Oh well, "CHANGE" is what to expect nowadays!

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Stout Field show "Just ain't what it used to be..............ain't what it used to be...........ain't what it used to be (Tune of OLD GREY MARE).

Anybody remember the early 90's...........those were the days!

Someday I may go back, sounds like it improved, but last time I went (two years ago)
    it was a waste of $5.

We used to set up in the lil room, and eat at Dans.

Oh well, "CHANGE" is what to expect nowadays!

Just curious, I was not here in the early 90's. What has changed? Is the show smaller, fewer vendors? I go the 1500 off and on. But its a real hassle, I really liked the Stout Field show in comparison.

So what was it like in the early 90's?

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Lot's of things change in 20 years. One thing, the prices. The past is the past. It's great to remember but we can't live in it.

The only place where I still see $200 Makarovs is on gunbroker. But when you and in shipping & transfer cost you are looking at +$250 plus a 2 week wait.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I went early this morning, a little after 9. This show was a pleasure to walk around; not too crowded and non of the 1500's "colorful" characters. I got to spend a little time with Brad and Sheila and Brad helped me pick out a new EDC folder. It came down to a choice between the Spyderco Native 5 and a Kershaw Leek. I chose the Leek due to it's slim profile but will probably pick up the Native at the June 1500 when I get my next ESEE 5 from Knife lady.

I also picked up two new factory Glock 9mm mags from a guy in the small room for only $20 each! Every other table had factory mags for no less than $32 so I feel like I scored on that one.

prtrrssll

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Gun Show

2 Rooms one small one large not bad,nice to see a ggod dealer with everyday low prices.Thanks for being there CHAD

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    :noway: IMO don't bother with this one .

I went looking for a Hogue grip for an AK and some off set rails for weapons lights .

I found the grip and bought it . The one guy with the rails wanted $25 a piece for them .

I asked what his best price on two of them would be , he said $40 . I didn't bother telling him I can get two of them shipped to me for less than that from CPD .

The only thing this show has going for it is the fact that you don't pay for parking , it's less crowded and it's cheaper than the 1500 .

I seen some $600+ WASR's , some jackass trying to claim his stock Saiga 12 was "rare / hard to find" and wanted $800 for it .

If your into mostly flea market type JUNK , black powder or "old" guns then you might wanna check this show out .

Overall , this show sucks goatass .

Top Bottom