Natchez Shooter Supply has Glock 33 round mags in stock for $28 each!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Out of curiosity, what's the fascination with these mags? I've had several since the early 2000's and I think I used them once after I got them. I get more use out of the 17+2's.

Is it that the goon in AZ shot a Congress woman with a Glock equipped with one and everyone fears they're going away?

Johnson

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Indiana
    Out of curiosity, what's the fascination with these mags? I've had several since the early 2000's and I think I used them once after I got them. I get more use out of the 17+2's.

Is it that the goon in AZ shot a Congress woman with a Glock equipped with one and everyone fears they're going away?

I was wondering the same thing. I was trading a Colt for a Glock 19 at the gushow and the dealer wanted to throw in a 33 rd mag to sweeten the deal (instead of dropping the price :rolleyes:) and he couldn't understand why it had no value to me.

BTW, made the trade when he added two more G17 mags instead ;)

Johnson

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Indiana
    33 rounders are great for vehicle storage as well as a back up bag application.

Better than 2 17 rounders? It's about the same cost, and the 17's aren't going to be as unwieldy as the 33 if you need to truly "use" it. I'd hate to be in close quarters with a broom handle sticking out of my Glock :D

But to each their own. What works for me may not for others.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    You all have pretty much summed it up, however, I bought three years ago, headed out to Wilbur Wright state range one day to try one out. Fired 33 rounds of 9mm FMJ out of my baby Glock-26. Thats it..............like riding a moped or having relations with a fat lady, kinda fun once. Mag too heavy/awkward, using your beer gut to rest the mag base on is awkward. Mag pouches are not readily avaliable for them, and it would look like you were carrying a bayo for a non existant rifle if you did have one on your belt. My G-17 9mm Glock mags hold 17 rds normaly, and a Glock part 7151 increases that number to 20 in my mag. Twenty you can control better than thirty-three awkwardly puts me too into the G-17 mag catagory.

I still have that one of the three I bought in my car as we speak, holding 33 rds of 9mm +P+ trunctionated cone 147 grain. But thats what its for, storage, I should put those rounds into several 12 rd G-26 mag spares.

I wouldnt get rid of mine just yet, and wont buy any more.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have the sub2000 also. It's fun for what it is.

While I'm contemplating an AR that take Glock mags, the economy of the set up can't be beat.

I've never shot my pistol with the 33 round mags. I have just put it in the G26 to see what it felt/looks like. It has a chuckle benefit.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    When you empty that low capacity 20 round mag in a gunfight to protect virgin assets... youll wish that you had a few 33s !!! :rolleyes:

Seriously, I received 2 back during the AWB in a trade, I tried selling them but couldnt get anywhere close to what the shops and shows were wanting so I kept them.... they have never even been loaded by me..

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    To the OP, Thanks for the Heads Up :yesway:

Why on God's Green Earth would anyone want or need any more than a mag that holds 10 rounds.

Maybe the Government should tell us how many rounds are Legal to Possess, and while they are at it maybe the except able allowed caliber, brand and configuration of said firearm.

Hell, just make them ALL Illegal and save the consternation and confusion
    :rolleyes:

I realize that it is 2011 and the Federal Government and this particular Administration seem to have a penchant for telling us what and when we can do something BUT We as Free Americans Still have a Few Rights. Exercise Them or Lose Them :patriot:

Last edited:

Duce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Delaware County
    I really think it's more of a p---s envy thing. I had just finished a muzzle loading match at the local range. When a fellow and his date drives in, gets out, set up a silhouette target at 50 yds. He gets out his semi auto AK and proceeds to dump a 30 rd mag into it. He hit the wrist and one shoulder the rest were in the edges, his honey was very impressed :rolleyes:. I asked his permission to dump my final load at his target. He replied sure and asked if my rifle was a blunderbuss? I replied by drilling his target pretty much between it's eyes. Coarse I had to remind him....ONLY HITS COUNT ...............To much is being made about capacity and not enough about accuracy and control. But we all have a right to youthful enthusiasm, hopefully it is balanced with the common sense of maturity.................:@ya:.....Duce<><

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Here is why I have 14 33 rnd glock mags.

Because, SOMEHOW, SOMEDAY Glock will come out with a carbine :)

<disclaimer: I dont even own one 33 rnd glock mag, because they will NEVER come out with the carbine :) >

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    To the OP, Thanks for the Heads Up :yesway:

Why on God's Green Earth would anyone want or need any more than a mag that holds 10 rounds.

Maybe the Government should tell us how many rounds are Legal to Possess, and while they are at it maybe the except able allowed caliber, brand and configuration of said firearm.

Hell, just make them ALL Illegal and save the consternation and confusion
    :rolleyes:

I realize that it is 2011 and the Federal Government and this particular Administration seem to have a penchant for telling us what and when we can do something BUT We as Free Americans Still have a Few Rights. Exercise Them or Lose Them :patriot:

Right on Sarge!!

If some of the people on this website had it their way 33 round mags would be banned :rolleyes::noway:

Better to have and not need, then need and not have...

Last edited:

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    I'm a revolver type guy, so 6 rounds are plenty for me. When I first bought my 686's I had the option of getting them in 7 round version, I really didn't see the need for the extra round, so I bought them in the 6 round version. I built an AR pistol and bought a 100 round BetaC magazine for it, never used it or even loaded it, but it did have a certain "cool" factor to it. I have several guns that have "high cap" magazines, most of which have never been loaded (Remember, I'm a revolver type guy.), but I'm thankful to live in a place where I can buy and own high cap magazines. I personally, bought several 33 round Glock magazines from Natchez, prior to the beginning of this thread, they are going to be used for a SBR AR that uses Glock magazines build that I have planned. It doesn't matter if I ever shoot it or not, the only point is, that I can build one legally and I can legally put a 33 round magazine in it. I'm not trying to pi$$ in anyones Wheaties, but if we all thought the same way we would all be carrying 6 round SA revolvers with a little stallion on the side. I don't see the need for someone to have minigun, but if they can afford it and can afford to feed it, more power to them.

Johnson

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Indiana
    Right on Sarge!!

If some of the people on this website had it their way 33 round mags would be banned :rolleyes::noway:

Better to have and not need, then need and not have...

Who said anything about banning 33 round mags???? Just because someone doesn't see the utility of something doesn't mean they want to ban it :rolleyes:

I don't see the need in owning a 1965 Ford Galaxy 500, so I would never buy one. Doesn't mean I want them bannned...sheesh :D

Like I said in an earlier post, what doesnt work for me may well work for you. To each their own. (That means I don't want them banned ;))

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom